Savage 110 Elite Precision

WOW!!!!! That review from a regular shooter is incredible. I was thinking very seriously about this rifle, in that exact caliber, and now I don't think I want to touch it. I know the Savage 110 Elite Precision , with the 30 inch BBl needs a Muzzle break. It also needs a bag rider. So add that additional cost to the $2100 for the rifle. Maybe the Ruger Precision Magnum version , in 300 PRC, is the way to go. Guys, Please share your thoughts about the Ruger Precision in 300 PRC. I'm going to hold off buying until I hear from you all.
First, I would start a new thread seeking that information instead of in a thread for a different kind of rifle. Second, every RPR that I have shot or known the owner, has been a solid shooter. That being said, I have had no experience with the magnum version. Given a personal choice, I would lean towards the 110 Precision just because of the great history that I have had with numerous Savage rifles. I like that they put the 30" tubes on the magnum calibers. Might as well get ALL the performance a cartridge offers. One of my coworkers owns the 110 Precision in a 6.5 CM and it is a hammer. Every manufacturer has lemons from time to time, so keep that in mind when looking at reviews. Humans are much more likely to give a bad review when something is wrong, than to post a positive one when it all works as advertised. Good luck with whatever you end up buying. They are both great products.

Looked it up. Kinda neat to have a stock factory .300 win mag option with a 30 inch barrel! But then they go and leave it with the standard 10 twist. I don't get it…. If you're gonna make it that long and heavy wouldn't you want it to be able to launch the 250 A-tips, new gen 230 SMK, and such?

I mean the 225 eld stabilizes just great in my 10 twist and realistically I don't need more than that…nor do I need more than the 26 inch barrel on my 111 long range hunter. Guess I'll keep my rifle haha

Given that the action is factory blue printed and already has a few aftermarket goodies like the mdt stock, it should be a really solid option. My only concern is the vertical grip. I've never shot one, but it seems like it'd be uncomfortable. I'm a Savage fan boy, for the record. All my centerfire rifles are Savage actions with Shilen barrels and Timney triggers. We'll, I do have a Rifle Basix trigger on one that needs to be replaced.
I've shot several vertical grip guns. Like a thumbhole, they aren't for everyone,but I like them.

Looked it up. Kinda neat to have a stock factory .300 win mag option with a 30 inch barrel! But then they go and leave it with the standard 10 twist. I don't get it…. If you're gonna make it that long and heavy wouldn't you want it to be able to launch the 250 A-tips, new gen 230 SMK, and such?

I mean the 225 eld stabilizes just great in my 10 twist and realistically I don't need more than that…nor do I need more than the 26 inch barrel on my 111 long range hunter. Guess I'll keep my rifle haha
That's my issue with the elite, it only being in 10 twist. What a waste! I have 3 110's. 2 300wm (ba/le model 26" w/10 twist), 1is a stealth model (24" 9.3 twist) and 1 338lm stealth 24" 9.3 twist. All 3 are good shooters and I've built 1 264wm and 1 300wm on the 110 actions. If I were to build using any other actions that use a barrel nut it would be Zermatt. I haven't checked if short mag actions are available in 110's and what mag length would be at?

I've had my Elite Precision for a couple years now. 300WM. 208 ELDMs hit really great at the mile. 3060fps 77gr RL25. Like most Savages with box mag, I did need to bevel the ejector so the cases wouldn't hop up over the bolt face and bind up. I got mine for $1680 and with the ACC chassis price being most of that cost I can't complain, I guess if one wanted a faster twist barrel it is very easy to swap out barrels with the famous barrel nut system.

I've had my Elite Precision for a couple years now. 300WM. 208 ELDMs hit really great at the mile. 3060fps 77gr RL25. Like most Savages with box mag, I did need to bevel the ejector so the cases wouldn't hop up over the bolt face and bind up. I got mine for $1680 and with the ACC chassis price being most of that cost I can't complain, I guess if one wanted a faster twist barrel it is very easy to swap out barrels with the famous barrel nut system.
Makes sense up to a point but also if I wanted to buy a savage just to swap the barrel out I'd opt for a cheaper one 😁

That's my issue with the elite, it only being in 10 twist. What a waste! I have 3 110's. 2 300wm (ba/le model 26" w/10 twist), 1is a stealth model (24" 9.3 twist) and 1 338lm stealth 24" 9.3 twist. All 3 are good shooters and I've built 1 264wm and 1 300wm on the 110 actions. If I were to build using any other actions that use a barrel nut it would be Zermatt. I haven't checked if short mag actions are available in 110's and what mag length would be at?

I'm a savage supporter and don't own a browning of any kind yet. But I gotta say I was very very pleasantly surprised to see the browning max long range rifle chambered in .300 RUM with an 8 twist as a factory offering. Would be a real monster. Felt great to shoulder too and with that tank type brake should be a sweetie.

I have the FCP. I like the ergonomics of the stock (except the fat forend I can hardly hold on to). I have tried a few chassis, but just can't like them. Too much metal. I am one who hates the DBM. To me magazines belong on ARs. Just one more thing to forget, drop, lose, etc.

But it shoots very well and the price was even "weller"... @Rum Man

I have several friends who own Savage and they're very satisfied with them. I myself haven't owned one.