Savage 110 Elite Precision

When NOT satisfied with the purchase esp. when warranted, deal directly with the manufacturer (regardless of make and model) or with the help of an authorized seller/dealer, as they are the only ones that can make it right.
I think he bought it from Bud's gun shop. I've heard some bad things about them

the guys I shoot with are using these , they shoot well . one guy I replaced the trigger in his . one guy is shooting his as it came . a third guy I got hooked up with a seller on this forum . he bought one that had a different bbl installed . he hasn't shot it yet , still getting a scope and things . a forth guy bought a new one that's in a chassis , but it's only a 24" bbl . these guys all do ok with them . we shoot out to 2000 yards just about every weekend .

here's the one I found for Bill on this forum .

Last edited:
When NOT satisfied with the purchase esp. when warranted, deal directly with the manufacturer (regardless of make and model) or with the help of an authorized seller/dealer, as they are the only ones that can make it right.
Yup I agree Ed. First thing I would of done was called up Savage.

the guys I shoot with are using these , they shoot well . one guy I replaced the trigger in his . one guy is shooting his as it came . a third guy I got hooked up with a seller on this forum . he bought one that had a different bbl installed . he hasn't shot it yet , still getting a scope and things . a forth guy bought a new one that's in a chassis , but it's only a 24" bbl . these guys all do ok with them . we shoot out to 2000 yards just about every weekend .

here's the one I found for Bill on this forum .

For the price it seems like it would be a great option instead of having a custom built. I've never tried the accu trigger but have heard it's kind of a hate/love thing

I would guess they're all test fired and lubed for storage. I clean everything I get before I fire it. To me savage rifles are purpose built. The barrels fowl quicker than average, speed is par, accuracy is embarrassingly good if your shooting next to a custom just plinking with a buddy. I've heard hit or miss with the proof barrels but the factory steel barrels are hard to deny
I have a Savage 110 BA in .338 Lapua Mag with the modular aluminum chassis and a Nightforce competition scope. I purchased a Teslong bore scope about a year ago and was concerned with what I saw and contacted Savage. Their advice was to do a normal break-in and wait until it had at least 100 rounds through it. So that is what I did. The proof is in the pudding as they say. I now have 186 rounds through the barrel and at 100 yards it will consistently put 3 bullets in a cloverleaf touching each other. So far I have been able to connect 3 consecutive shots at 1215 yards on 10" steel using Lapua brass, Retumbo and Hornady 185 grain ELD-X bullets. Love this rifle!!!!

I would guess they're all test fired and lubed for storage. I clean everything I get before I fire it. To me savage rifles are purpose built. The barrels fowl quicker than average, speed is par, accuracy is embarrassingly good if your shooting next to a custom just plinking with a buddy. I've heard hit or miss with the proof barrels but the factory steel barrels are hard to deny
I have a Savage 110 BA in .338 Lapua Mag with the modular aluminum chassis and a Nightforce competition scope. I purchased a Teslong bore scope about a year ago and was concerned with what I saw and contacted Savage. Their advice was to do a normal break-in and wait until it had at least 100 rounds through it. So that is what I did. The proof is in the pudding as they say. I now have 186 rounds through the barrel and at 100 yards it will consistently put 3 bullets in a cloverleaf touching each other. So far I have been able to connect 3 consecutive shots at 1215 yards on 10" steel using Lapua brass, Retumbo and Hornady 185 grain ELD-X bullets. Love this rifle!!!!

I have a model 10 ba stealth with the mdt chassis. Hate the stock. Never could get comfortable with it. Length of pull was too short or too long for me, eye alignment with scope was not good. Recently removed chassis and modified a savage accustock and the recoil lug. Added bottom metal. Shoots better for me now. Is lighter, easier to shoot off bags or off hand. Accuracy improved. I know it's just me, other people like it.

A couple of the reviews I saw both gentlemen said that when they received the rifle, it seemed to have been used. Score marks on the bolt and extremely dirty chambers and barrel. Both did say it was in a brand new box that didn't look like it had been opened. It could've just been a fluke
I believe they test fire a lot of the rifles when they are built.
I have seen the same thing with several different pistols as well.

I have a model 10 ba stealth with the mdt chassis. Hate the stock. Never could get comfortable with it. Length of pull was too short or too long for me, eye alignment with scope was not good. Recently removed chassis and modified a savage accustock and the recoil lug. Added bottom metal. Shoots better for me now. Is lighter, easier to shoot off bags or off hand. Accuracy improved. I know it's just me, other people like it.
Yeah even the Magpul PRS that came on the Savage Stealth Evolution didn't work great. It didn't come up high enough when I had a 50mm objective scope. Switched it out for on of MDTs Skeleton Rifle Stocks and it fits much better.
PXL_20210812_021102705.jpg

I believe they test fire a lot of the rifles when they are built.
I have seen the same thing with several different pistols as well.
Same here but they way these guys talked it seemed it had been more than just test fired

WOW!!!!! That review from a regular shooter is incredible. I was thinking very seriously about this rifle, in that exact caliber, and now I don't think I want to touch it. I know the Savage 110 Elite Precision , with the 30 inch BBl needs a Muzzle break. It also needs a bag rider. So add that additional cost to the $2100 for the rifle. Maybe the Ruger Precision Magnum version , in 300 PRC, is the way to go. Guys, Please share your thoughts about the Ruger Precision in 300 PRC. I'm going to hold off buying until I hear from you all.