Savage 110 Elite Precision

The title says it all. What does everyone think about the new Savage 110 Elite Precision? I've never personally owned a Savage but I have heard some mixed reviews.
Thanks for the info
Savage rifles out of the box accuracy and their DIY friendliness are hard to beat. I have a few Savage rifles and rifles build with Savage actions, and they are all shooters. There is no one rifle to satisfy everybody, so there will always be mixed reviews, and it is up to the end-user to synthesize the presented information.

Good luck!

Savage rifles out of the box accuracy and their DIY friendliness are hard to beat. I have a few Savage rifles and rifles build with Savage actions, and they are all shooters. There is no one rifle to satisfy everybody, so there will always be mixed reviews, and it is up to the end-user to synthesize the presented information.

Good luck!
That's very good to know. Most people that I know who own Savages pretty all say the same as you. And for the price it seems like it would be a great buy

Given that the action is factory blue printed and already has a few aftermarket goodies like the mdt stock, it should be a really solid option. My only concern is the vertical grip. I've never shot one, but it seems like it'd be uncomfortable. I'm a Savage fan boy, for the record. All my centerfire rifles are Savage actions with Shilen barrels and Timney triggers. We'll, I do have a Rifle Basix trigger on one that needs to be replaced.

Given that the action is factory blue printed and already has a few aftermarket goodies like the mdt stock, it should be a really solid option. My only concern is the vertical grip. I've never shot one, but it seems like it'd be uncomfortable. I'm a Savage fan boy, for the record. All my centerfire rifles are Savage actions with Shilen barrels and Timney triggers. We'll, I do have a Rifle Basix trigger on one that needs to be replaced.
I was thinking the same thing about the grip. I've seen and read a couple of reviews about it and they weren't good at all.

I'm going to claim covid and not feeling well or I'd do it myself, but I bet you could go to mdt's website and see if that stock can have the grips exchanged. I bet they can, as the chassis systems typically are supposed to be modular like an AR.

A couple of the reviews I saw both gentlemen said that when they received the rifle, it seemed to have been used. Score marks on the bolt and extremely dirty chambers and barrel. Both did say it was in a brand new box that didn't look like it had been opened. It could've just been a fluke

I will say in the last.. i don't know.. maybe 2 years there seems to have been an uptick in the number of posts complaining about their quality control. I don't have anything new, so I can't give any personal input. I would hope the higher end would be getting more attention than the average rifle, but I guess you never know.

I wonder if they test fire at the factory? Cheap ammo could explain them being dirty, but I guess it depends on what their rifle looked like.

I will say in the last.. i don't know.. maybe 2 years there seems to have been an uptick in the number of posts complaining about their quality control. I don't have anything new, so I can't give any personal input. I would hope the higher end would be getting more attention than the average rifle, but I guess you never know.

I wonder if they test fire at the factory? Cheap ammo could explain them being dirty, but I guess it depends on what their rifle looked like.
I would guess they're all test fired and lubed for storage. I clean everything I get before I fire it. To me savage rifles are purpose built. The barrels fowl quicker than average, speed is par, accuracy is embarrassingly good if your shooting next to a custom just plinking with a buddy. I've heard hit or miss with the proof barrels but the factory steel barrels are hard to deny