Savage 110 ba bases question

tdean

I tried to shoot at 1 mile this am. I phone called for 65 moa. I dialed up to 60 and that was all the nightforce had in it. It already has a 20 moa rail that came on the gun. What can I do to get just 5-10 more moa out of it? Would taller rings help? If I put a 40 moa base then I will have to get rid of the big pictanni rail deal.

Tdean;
Can I ask you what caliber is your Savage 110??

I too, shoot a SAVAGE 110 FCP, 300 Win Mag.

Knapper

I tried to shoot at 1 mile this am. I phone called for 65 moa. I dialed up to 60 and that was all the nightforce had in it. It already has a 20 moa rail that came on the gun. What can I do to get just 5-10 more moa out of it? Would taller rings help? If I put a 40 moa base then I will have to get rid of the big pictanni rail deal.

What is your zero range? Seems like a shorter zero(100yds) would call for more elevation. Also, a marine friend of mine puts tape under the back of his scope.

zero range is 200 yds, that wont make a difference, as all the way up on the scope is all the way up. Inorder to keep the factory 20 moa base i think im going to jerry rig it and bolt a badger 22 moa rail on it thus giving me in essence a 42 moa base, we will see how that looks/works, i think i may be the factory rail as well

What model NF scope do you have?

I had a Savage 110 BA .338 LM for a couple of years. Loved the rifle. It really got
me into shoot LR/ELR.

Two things that helped me shoot 1500, 1760, 2000, 2300 yards.

1. NF NXS 5.5-22x50mm scope. This has an internal adjustment of 100 MOA. 50 up / 50 down.
2. I had Cameron Murphy make me a custom titanium rail with a 40 MOA cant.
https://www.murphyprecision.com/

Plenty of adjustment for 1760 and out. I believe when I shot 2300 yards I only had to go down 3 marks on my reticle.

I no longer have the 110 BA. Had to rob Peter to pay Paul for my custom SAC .338 LM. I have the NF ATACR which has a bit more magnification and elevation.

Good luck.

MDslammer

Couple of LR/ELR vids I produced if you're interested.

Long Range Shooting at 2300 Yards within AccurateShooter.com

[ame]https://vimeo.com/40376685[/ame]

thanks, ill check those guys out. i have a 110 ba as well and my nightforce has 100 moa of adjusent i also realized i could get to 1 mile with just 55 moa if i shot the 300 bergers. but the dont shoot as good as the sierra mk confirmed this am at the range. i think they would but im limited on seating depth by mag box.

thanks, ill check those guys out. i have a 110 ba as well and my nightforce has 100 moa of adjusent i also realized i could get to 1 mile with just 55 moa if i shot the 300 bergers. but the dont shoot as good as the sierra mk confirmed this am at the range. i think they would but im limited on seating depth by mag box.

I use Berger 300gr. OTM Hybrids for both the 110BA
as well as my new stick. By far the best results with them.
You can always single feed if they won't fit in your mag.

Tdean;
Can I ask you what caliber is your Savage 110??

I too, shoot a SAVAGE 110 FCP, 300 Win Mag.

Knapper

I took the 24 inch 300 win mag barrel off and put a 30 inch 7 MM 0n and
now I have to work up a long range load for the 7 MM 300 Win Mag... Has
anyone got any suggestions??

Knapper

Thanks for viewing and the kind words. Nice rifle but I no longer have it.
Had a custom .338 LM built by SAC / Mark Gordon so I sold it.

How do I get to that awesome video that you mentioned??

Remember; with a 7 MM, I am limited to a 180 Grain bullet

knapper

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts