Savage 11 Predator hunter questions

pburton

I have a friend that is have some financial problems and asked me earlier today if I want to buy a rifle from him. It is a Savage 11 Predator hunter in .243. He says it has about 15 rounds through it. It has the accu-trigger and the heavy varmint barrel. It looks brand new. He wants $300 for it. I don't know a whole lot about Savage's. Are model 11 parts interchangeable with model 10. Like stocks, triggers, etc. I can't find a whole lot of info on model 11's. I am thinking about picking this rifle up and building a semi-custom for my son but I want to make sure that parts are available to do so. So any help from you savage experts would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, most of the parts from model 10 will fit on the model 11. They are both short actions. The main difference in the magazine. Most model 10's are blind mags...
Hope this helps.

That is what I was thinking. Thanks. Honestly the only thing that I don't really like about this rifle is the detachable box mag. I think that it can be converted but I am not sure how.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.