Savage 11 Lady Hunter Accuracy Issues

I finally got around to doing a pillar bedding job on it and although accuracy is improved it's still not great. I'm kind of at the point where I don't want to waste any more components trying to find a load for this rifle. Do any of you have experience with the Weatherby Camilla series in either mark IV or vanguard? I'm thinking about getting her one of those instead.

I have the LW in 6.5CM as well. Action screw tuning along with heavier than normal check pressure got mine behaving. The LW rifles are a different animal. Consistency is even more important with them.

Hope this helps!

Jon

Want to tag in on this and bring it back to the top. Hoping the original poster can update us on any progress. I bought the same rifle several years ago, in 7mm-08 for my daughter and have the same problems. I've already tried everything that has been mentioned here with no improvement. I'm at the point now that I'm considering giving Savage a call to see if they can be of any help.

No update yet. I've been too busy with house projects to finish working on it yet but I did knock out the original steel inserts/pillars and replace them with more substantial ones from Pete's pillars. I'll hopefully complete the bedding job in a couple weeks and see if it helps.

I finally got around to doing a pillar bedding job on it and although accuracy is improved it's still not great. I'm kind of at the point where I don't want to waste any more components trying to find a load for this rifle. Do any of you have experience with the Weatherby Camilla series in either mark IV or vanguard? I'm thinking about getting her one of those instead.
Thanks for posting the update. I still haven't done anything more with my daughters rifle. I am considering swapping barrels with a Criterion pre-fit, although I hate to throw more money at it... Did you contact Savage to see if they would help???

Personally, I move on from a rifle if it won't shoot. I normally will try 3 bullets and 3 powders. If it won't shoot those it's gone. With today's shortages I personally won't even do load development on a factory gun as it's not worth the investment of components.

Hello there this is my first post! I purchased a savage model 11 lady hunter with a Nikon 3x9x40 scope as a Christmas present for my wife a couple years ago and we've never spent an extensive amount of time at different ranges with it. Mostly shooting 100yds and the accuracy wasn't great but serviceable for the range of shots we typically encounter where we hunt. This year she missed 3 shots at a standing buck which was about 240-250yds away. She wasn't close as she didn't startle it at all. I set up a target at 200 hundred and benched and bagged was getting a 6-7" group ( barnes lrx ammo) I shot a sub 1" group with the Remington I was hunting with just to make sure that it wasn't something I was doing. I shot Win deer season xp, Hornady superperformance, with similar results and all hit the chronograph 50fps slower than advertised. I shot a sub 1" group with hornady precision hunter ammo exiting the barrel at 2550. That ammo shot 3" at 300 and 4.5" at 400 however 5" lower than the ballistic marks on the scope. That ammo has the longest col so I loaded 130 and 140 Sierra gamekings thirty thousandths off the lands starting with a 2700fps load and working up. I started with a 2" group and as the velocity increased so did the size of the groups. I've had finicky rifles before but never one that wouldn't shoot fast. Usually the opposite. Has anyone had issues with this particular rifle or any savage for that matter shooting this way and how did you correct it? I have an axis 2 in 6.5 creedmore for the kids to use which shoots 1 to 2 moa with the same ammo. 22" barrel vs 20"
If you decide to sell I'm interested