Savage 11/111 LongRangeHunter

cowboy

Anyone have any comments or seen these as of yet - How about you guys that got to the SHOT SHOW??? Any word on when they will be available?? Would like to see one up close and personal but no one in our area knows a thing as of yet.

$950.00 list price is a bit high. I would have to buy a standard rifle and install a match grade shilen before shelling that much out. I wonder what dealers will actually be asking for them.

$950.00 list price is a bit high. I would have to buy a standard rifle and install a match grade shilen before shelling that much out. I wonder what dealers will actually be asking for them.

I order one two weeks ago gun smith call and told me can't get one till may. Thats the 111 long range hunter for grandson. I got it for cost if put the accurizing package through the smith. I could not pase that comepleat package $980.00.

For the 950.00 price you get the accu-trigger and accu-stock,adjustable cheek piece and a muzzle break. Most savage rifles shoot very well without any goodies so I think this one should be a real winner ...

For the 950.00 price you get the accu-trigger and accu-stock,adjustable cheek piece and a muzzle break. Most savage rifles shoot very well without any goodies so I think this one should be a real winner ...

Thats is what it lise for but if you look around you can get it for far less.

Steve @ SCP Firearms says he can get me a 6.5x284 for about $799 + $25 to ship it to my Texas FFL +$30 but then I will need to send it to SSS or I just heard about 308 Nate for timing and tuning plus a ten pack of the medium and fine grit Final Finish Firelapping bullets from Tubbs. When it comes in, I will post the actual costs and how well I can make it sing to me. Only thing that scares me is that the muslim marxist monarch's DOJ will go after Savage for being too enterprising like they did with the Apple of my iphone.

Was watching the Gun Nuts on the Outdoor Channel, David E. Petzal did a range test Of i beleave a 308 Fired three cold bore three shot groups and covered them with a dime he liked it very well.

Steve @ SCP Firearms says he can get me a 6.5x284 for about $799 + $25 to ship it to my Texas FFL +$30 but then I will need to send it to SSS or I just heard about 308 Nate for timing and tuning plus a ten pack of the medium and fine grit Final Finish Firelapping bullets from Tubbs. When it comes in, I will post the actual costs and how well I can make it sing to me. Only thing that scares me is that the muslim marxist monarch's DOJ will go after Savage for being too enterprising like they did with the Apple of my iphone.

Did you happen to get an ETA on that rifle? Just wondering when the next run will come out.

Mine is a 6.5-284 and the accuracy is very impressive to me. If you want to get it "accurized" ok, but I would be tempted to want to shoot it before I spent an extra 150.00 on it. Mine is shooting 100 yard groups in the .2s and 200 yard groups way under a half, often still in the .2-.3 range.

I do not have an ETA yet from Steve on the Savage LRH M 111 but will advise when I find out. Would love to know your load but am definitely going with Berger 140 Hunting VLDs to start with...if it shots them then tally ho ; if not plan B and C . Have not been able to get thru the paralysis of analysis on whether to get the Lee Collet with RCBS Gold Medal Seater , Redding or Forester dies...any 6.5x284 specific experiences with these? Hope I am not too far off the topic...blog / forum protocol is new to me.

[SIZE=+0]CRaTxn,

The 6.5 x 284 will be a new load for me. I've done a lil bit of searching and have found some good info on 6mmBR website: 6.5-284 Cartridge Guide

I hope to get a good load w/ 140VLD's and H4831sc. Will have to see which primers work out best. This should be fun figuring out! I like a challenge. I need to get off my laurels and get the loading supplies ordered for it. I've already ordered a scope, base, and rings. Just need a rifle!
[/SIZE]

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.