SAVAGE 10fcp-SR, OR 110 TACTICAL, .308

7stw

Well guys, just shoot me for changing my mind, or thinking about it, but here goes.
I was/ am all set, to buy a10fcp-sr. .308 , 24 inch barrel, 10 rd clip, fluted, accustock. Well, as everyone knows, savage has actually quit making it, but are still avail, at a few places.
I asked my dealer, to get me one, couldn't find one from his dealer supply. If I buy one, say from , Buds, by the time i pay shipping, and transfer, I'm going to be at $700.00.
But, Savage has a110, 308, heavy barrel, accustock, with accufit, risers, for cheek weld, and adjustable lop.
It can be had for $700, from my Savage dealer. This one dosent have fluted barrel, no matter. Now being a 110, this is a long action, correct?
Thoughts, advice, apprciated, pros, cons.
Thanks guys.

I heard savage switched to the 110 designation for long and short action. No more model 10s, it's now a 110 short action. I would email Savage to confirm, but that's the word on the street.

I heard savage switched to the 110 designation for long and short action. No more model 10s, it's now a 110 short action. I would email Savage to confirm, but that's the word on the street.
Does that give me the option to rebarrel, with long, or short action rounds? I'm assuming 110 is long action. ???.
Any thoughts on the accustock, accufit, thing?

Does that give me the option to rebarrel, with long, or short action rounds? I'm assuming 110 is long action. ???.
The way I understand, no. There will be short actions and long actions.
Kinda like Remington 700 short and long actions.
I didn't mind the accustock. It's definitely better than a standard stock. I think it's functional, I switched to a Choate Tactical, I wanted a tactical rifle build. If I was hunting, I would have kept the accustock.

Got a 110 Accufit 7mm RM. I like it better than the old stocks. Same aluminum skeleton. (I installed a Shilen SM barrel and changed the color scheme )
Screenshot_20180328-174240.png
it will take me forever to get used to saying 110 for both long and short actions!

Last edited:
Yea I'm not sure why they did that. I would just assume, if it's a short action cartridge, then it will be a short action 110. Again, I would contact Savage to confirm, I haven't bought any new savages for two years. So I'm going on what I heard.

I have read the accu-fit stock is great. Its the accu stock with the LOP inserts and cheek riser inserts. Seems to me its similar to the Magpul Hunter stock, likely lower quality though. If you decide you dont want it and will be replacing it let me know I will buy it. The 110 designation is for all their rifles now regardless of long action or short action. Then each configuration has a name based on what the rifle is designed for like the 110 Storm is a SS version of the savage rifle. I am ordering a 110 Hunter in a 30-06 to use the stock and action for a 280 AI barrel I have on order. The Hunter is just the basic action and used to be the 11/111 FCNS I think. It now has the Accu-fit stock and I think it will be nice for a budget. The 308 you're looking at should be short action.

Got a 110 Accufit 7mm RM. I like it better than the old stocks. Same aluminum skeleton. (I installed a Shillen SM barrel and changed the color scheme )View attachment 95462it will take me forever to get used to saying 110 for both long and short actions!
Which model of the 110 is this? Did the stock come in that color or did you paint it/dip it?

It was the Accufit Hunter, got it fron Grabagun for about $650 + $7 shipping. I bought it for the stock and action to rebuild (addiction).

I paint all my rifle stocks as I can not ever leave well enough alone!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.