Savage 10/110 Predator Hunter - Any Good?

ShotShaper

I am considering the purchase of a Savage model 10/110 Predator Hunter Max 1 in .243 cal. I plan to use it primarily for Groundhogs/Coyote but won't exclude the potential for Deer. My interest is: can anyone speak to the accuracy potential of this particular model Savage? Accuracy is king with me, and short of a custom build I'd like the best I can find for a reasonable price out of the box. If necessary I'll refine from there. The Predator Hunter appears to have all of the features I'm looking for, but will it really shoot?

I just sold one in 6.5-284. Mine didn't like Berger bullets but 140 gr accubonds would almost go into one hole at 100 yards for 5 shot groups. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one!

That exact rifle is my go to coyote gun. It will shoot under 1/2 MOA with 87 gr v-max, 95 gr. SMK, and 95 gr. Berger VLD. Pushing the 87 gr. about 3100 fps and the two 95 gr. bullets at 3050 fps. Most accurate factory rifle I have ever shot. Only thing negative about it is that I am personally not a fan of the accustock. Not that the stock doesn't function properly but how the forend is so skinny and that there are not a lot of aftermarket stock options. Other than that I love the gun. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply guys. Considering your responses this appears to be the rifle I'm looking for. It will be primarily a varmint rifle but with the 90 Ballistic tip or 95 Berger VLD it may double for Deer although I have a 7-08 I bought and restocked with a Brown Precision a few years ago that is a tack driver for that application.

I am considering the purchase of a Savage model 10/110 Predator Hunter Max 1 in .243 cal. I plan to use it primarily for Groundhogs/Coyote but won't exclude the potential for Deer. My interest is: can anyone speak to the accuracy potential of this particular model Savage? Accuracy is king with me, and short of a custom build I'd like the best I can find for a reasonable price out of the box. If necessary I'll refine from there. The Predator Hunter appears to have all of the features I'm looking for, but will it really shoot?

I had one in 6.5 Creed. and ended up selling to my brother-in-law. with that said, it is one of the most accurate STOCK rifles that I have ever owned. Keep in mind though, factory rifles can either be great or very disappointing in weather you get a good shooter. Good luck on your purchase.

I had one in 6.5 Creed. and ended up selling to my brother-in-law. with that said, it is one of the most accurate STOCK rifles that I have ever owned. Keep in mind though, factory rifles can either be great or very disappointing in weather you get a good shooter. Good luck on your purchase.
Did u shoot reloads or factory ammo?

Got one in 260 Rem. Shot 130's great! I really like the barrel profile (similar to a Bart 3b with more meat in the middle). Didn't use it since it sits between other calibers (bigger and smaller) that I use more often. May actually sell it or trade for one in 243 if I'd come across a like new one.