Saskatchewan---for quackers and specs

dogz

Any of you all considered going up across the border and or have gone up there to hunt waterfowl? And or upland?

If you'd prefer to PM me please feel free to. I have a new Benellis SBE 28 gauge with the new 3" ordered and need a place to road trip to to give it a run for it's money. Plus that, my JRT is ready to go kick butt and work them over:)

Thx in advance for your time and thoughts

Been going to Sask. every other year for the last dozen years or so. Because all we have here in South Central Montana is honkers we concentrate on the snow geese. Also went for specs a couple of times.
Been there on a do it yourself and also with being guided. What type of hunt are you looking to do and what type of geese do you prefer.
How many people in your plans also plays a pretty big roll.

It would be my wife, myself and our Jack Russell (best bird dog I've had yet). Pretty casual group, love to see new land, always wanted to hunt specs in the fields. Can't say why but it's probably cause in 43 years of hunting geese in Montana pretty much all see is dark geese.

We really enjoy seeing new land:)

Way prefer to do it on our own, don't mind a modest access fee if that is what it takes.

For me the juice of the hunt is in calling game nice and close. We prefer to use my Charles Dayly 28 O/U and our equally old friend a 101 in 20 gauge. The buzz for me is to call them into 10-15 yards and stone them.

And if we could some huns or sharpies that would be pure plain icing!