Same lot ammo purchase - where would you go?

jhollif

I know I'm searching for a unicorn here, but in more normal times, where would you go to purchase multiple boxes of ammo with the same lot #? Primarily interested in 6.5 PRC and .300 PRC.

My apologies if this has been covered in previous posts, but I haven't been ably to find it if it has.

I know I'm searching for a unicorn here, but in more normal times, where would you go to purchase multiple boxes of ammo with the same lot #? Primarily interested in 6.5 PRC and .300 PRC.

My apologies if this has been covered in previous posts, but I haven't been ably to find it if it has.
"IF" you purchased it off the shelves from your local gun store, they would be your best source. Otherwise, you are correct about your unicorn comment.

Thanks for your replies.

Perhaps I should have phrased my inquiry differently. What I would like to know is, Which online supply sites would you recommend if buying case lot quantities of either 6.5 PRC or .300 PRC? Preferably Hornady Match - same lot number. Present supply chain issues not withstanding.

Thanks for your replies.

Perhaps I should have phrased my inquiry differently. What I would like to know is, Which online supply sites would you recommend if buying case lot quantities of either 6.5 PRC or .300 PRC? Preferably Hornady Match - same lot number. Present supply chain issues not withstanding.
It is a shot in the dark buying online, but it you buy quantity at the same time, from the same retailer you may get the same lot #s. I always try to buy bulk boxes when possible. Several months ago I posted what happened to me. I purchased boxes (maybe 15) of 100 Berger 338 300OTMs from five different members and retailers. I looked at the lot #s one day and they were all the same. What's the odds in that happening??? Boxes of bullets from different parts of our Country with the same Lot # shipped to me.

Back in the day you could buy several cases from Sinclair, Target Sports, Blue Collar, etc and call them and ask for all same lot number. That worked for me when Berger was selling their factory ammo at blowout prices. These days, maybe not.

It is a shot in the dark buying online, but it you buy quantity at the same time, from the same retailer you may get the same lot #s. I always try to buy bulk boxes when possible. Several months ago I posted what happened to me. I purchased boxes (maybe 15) of 100 Berger 338 300OTMs from five different members and retailers. I looked at the lot #s one day and they were all the same. What's the odds in that happening??? Boxes of bullets from different parts of our Country with the same Lot # shipped to me.
Your odds are actually probably decent right now lol. One batch goes out and is immediately purchased, so the next batch that goes out nationwide will probably be the same lot, and immediately purchased, etc.

Your odds are actually probably decent right now lol. One batch goes out and is immediately purchased, so the next batch that goes out nationwide will probably be the same lot, and immediately purchased, etc.
Agreed. If you can actually buy 5-10 of the same ammo from the same source, it's going to be the same lot number.
Most will let you call and confirm as well.

Recent Posts