Sambar stag- check this out !

Down Under Hunter

Thought all you sambar boys would get a kick out of this !

P427003763341.jpg

P427002511111.jpg

They dont get alot better ! About 30 " around and massive tops. Congrats to the lucky hunter !

DUH

I saw the antlers and happy hunter last night. I think he will have permanent smile disease for some time yet. This guy is a hardcore sambar hunter, hunts most weeks and rightly deserves to take an animal like this. A finer Stag you would struggle to see anywhere !

This should be inspiration for everybody who needs it. Sooner or later they make a mistake and you just have to be there when they do.

DUH

Last edited:
Very nice indeed, hey DUH,
This stag will keep Terry happy for about a week, then he will be out there again hard at it. You are right he is HARD CORE and good at it also.

What did you think of the night? Sure got a few blokes thinking about the posibilities of long range hunting after seeing those rifles. I do think that yours was the stand out bit of equipment by far.

Ordered a few boxes of .338 300gn SMK's today from Shooters Wholesale Warehouse, should be here in a few days.
They cost $79 per box plus $10 postage, how dose this compare with down in Melbourne?

Very nice indeed, hey DUH,
This stag will keep Terry happy for about a week, then he will be out there again hard at it. You are right he is HARD CORE and good at it also.

What did you think of the night? Sure got a few blokes thinking about the posibilities of long range hunting after seeing those rifles. I do think that yours was the stand out bit of equipment by far.

Ordered a few boxes of .338 300gn SMK's today from Shooters Wholesale Warehouse, should be here in a few days.
They cost $79 per box plus $10 postage, how dose this compare with down in Melbourne?

Topshot,

Mate I had a great time. Thanks for the invite !

I know there is a new dawn for long range rigs pending in Vic currently. More and more people who were doubters are becoming belivers !

The big guns the boys had when rigged up, with good range work will be very potent. They are certainly on the right track. I'm sure we will keep in touch, and more than happy to help out if I can.

I can buy the 50 box of smks for about 50 plus 5 freight from Oriellys and shooters wholesale in Canberra

Thaks once again for a great show. Stay in touch !

DUH

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts