Sambar stag 610 yard shot 7mm rem mag + Video

Hey kirby,
Why the sarcasm?
Not sure about the Sambar that schwabdog shot but here is one that I shot off that same hill a few weeks before.
It was only about 30m from where schwabdog's stag was standing. Its a very popular hunting location and that particular hill is easy to recognise to those that hunt the area.
Lots of small stags in the area and a few big ones as well.

This one is a very rare 8 point Sambar, they mostly have 6 points. I shot it from a different angle at 615 yards with my .338 RUM and a 250gn Berger Elite Hunter bullet. I also got it on video and may post the footage if anyone is interested?

8point1.jpg

Hey kirby,
Why the sarcasm?
Not sure about the Sambar that schwabdog shot but here is one that I shot off that same hill a few weeks before.
It was only about 30m from where schwabdog's stag was standing. Its a very popular hunting location and that particular hill is easy to recognise to those that hunt the area.
Lots of small stags in the area and a few big ones as well.

This one is a very rare 8 point Sambar, they mostly have 6 points. I shot it from a different angle at 615 yards with my .338 RUM and a 250gn Berger Elite Hunter bullet. I also got it on video and may post the footage if anyone is interested?

8point1.jpg
that's a canker. I would Be Very interested to see your video, can please up load it :D
that hill is SO steep lol

you should see the footage I got of a stag No S&^t he's 30+ inches
a bit to fare 1200m+
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=579885982067839&notif_t=like

Hey kirby,
Why the sarcasm?

If you got any sarcasm out of that, you read it into the post, I honestly just want to see the pics of these animals. If I ever got a chance to go to your country and hunt, the Sambar would be one of the top two animals I would want to hunt. No sarcasm, JUST like to see pics of them!!!

Hey kirby,
Why the sarcasm?

If you got any sarcasm out of that, you read it into the post, I honestly just want to see the pics of these animals. If I ever got a chance to go to your country and hunt, the Sambar would be one of the top two animals I would want to hunt. No sarcasm, JUST like to see pics of them!!!
No problem Kirby, its just that you included an icon in your post and when I held my mouse over the icon "sarcasm" was what it represented.???? Like this.. :rolleyes:

Yeah, great Sambar hunting down here. 12 months of the year open season, no bag limits and plenty of animals with numbers increasing every year doe to then expanding their range in rugged country.

Yeah, great Sambar hunting down here. 12 months of the year open season, no bag limits and plenty of animals with numbers increasing every year doe to then expanding their range in rugged country.
Where at? I need to give my 7STW and Berger 180's a work out........

I'm serious, I need to make a trip down there if it's open season year-round with no bag limits. LOL

Mudrunner,
Check out this Gov, web site on hunting in Victoria. All you need to know to get started is on the site.

DEPI - Game hunting in Victoria

If you are serious and you get things sorted. Drop me a PM and I will put you onto a few locations where you should find some deer.:D

Hey kirby,
Why the sarcasm?

again sorry I don't have field pics of the 610 one...
but here is a few we've been tipping over lately.

Attachments

• guns 043_2.JPG
    guns 043_2.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 82
  • big stag 2013 124_2.JPG
    big stag 2013 124_2.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 117
  • rickys stag 021.jpg
    rickys stag 021.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 93
  • long range hunting 059.jpg
    long range hunting 059.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 112
  • my deer 003.jpg
    my deer 003.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 98
  • yds 007.jpg
    yds 007.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 108
Why are the Sambars a year-round no-limit? Are they considered a nuissence?

Australia might be a little expensive of a flight. LOL

I've never traveled anywhere to hunt.

How big do Sambars get and how many of those big 8-points do you see?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.