Sales / payment precautions

BD1965

Any advice on how long to wait after funds hit your PayPal account to safely send the sold item. Just sold a scope received confirmation of fund transaction but wanted to make sure no chance of being screwed. Hate to be that way to anyone but u never know, he has no prior sales or purchases. Thanks for any advice

Any advice on how long to wait after funds hit your PayPal account to safely send the sold item. Just sold a scope received confirmation of fund transaction but wanted to make sure no chance of being screwed. Hate to be that way to anyone but u never know, he has no prior sales or purchases. Thanks for any advice
Who is it? Even with no trader history, if the member has been here a while and contributed, I would feel pretty confident.
I just dealt with a member who had 0 feedback. SUPER smooth transition. No problems at all.

What about a personal check?

Considered that but he requested PP friends and family which I guess puts him at risk to me also. Just been burned couple times on eBay and gunbroker but it got worked out thru their resolutions feedback process. Probably a mute point now thanks

I also told him my concerns and he wasn't offended. Money appears to be in my PP account so I will be shipping early Monday morning. I'm sure 99+% on here are fine folks. Thanks for the responses.

Considered that but he requested PP friends and family which I guess puts him at risk to me also. Just been burned couple times on eBay and gunbroker but it got worked out thru their resolutions feedback process. Probably a mute point now thanks
I wasn't very clear. I just sold something and excepted a personal check with an understanding that check would have to clear before sending merchandise. Thats thinking solely from my point of view, I have the check and the merchandise. I have no risk and the buyer has all risk. Just my trust issue I guess and 2 rides to town. one to deposit the check and another to mail the merchandise.
I would not be a very good salesman.