sale me on the 6.5 creedmore

My opinion... it's a feedback cycle. They were new and cool with a massive marketing push behind them, and they got pushed through shops to people who don't care about/don't understand the details. Sales numbers go up, more are made, more are sold, rinse, lather, repeat. It's everything that most people who aren't detail people want: it was SHINY AND NEW, cheap-ish ammo (that even says "Precision" on the Hornady stuff), low recoil, and makes the kill on the common "small deer eating under a feeder at 100 yards" shot that happens in back fields all over the country.

Basically we're detail-oriented people who will argue over the torque specs on the main bearing caps on a GM 6.2L while laughing at the guys who don't know how many cylinders the Cummins has. But they don't care because it works for them.

Generallh, 260 Remington has 50to 100 fps or more advantage over CM and Nosler
140-grain factory load at 3,000 fps. For brass, simply neck down .308/7.62 brass. Certainly,
for hand-loader, .260 is much better than CM. DoD accuracy testing, .260 versus CM
found no difference. Despite Remington's initial blunder with 1 in 9 inch twist, later corrected
(my Ruger is 1 in 8") the 260 is superior to the CM!
Doc D

When you stuff a long high bc bullet in that 260 case you lose that 50-100 fps. They are basically what for what.

So lots of replies. Read a lot,not all. I have gathered its good round,had no doubt there. As good as most and better than a cpl. HAs very lite recoil is biggest thing I have seen. If lighter than 7mm-08. Can you even tell it shot other than the sound. I have 7mm-08 and IMO its little more than a 22 mag. but not much. Maybe 35 years of 7mm mag and few bigger ones I am just too use to little thump back.

I like the 260 rem better than the 6.5 cm because I can make the brass from 308 or 243 .I also have 243 and 308 rifles so it makes life alot easier ! My 260 with lapua bullets shoot inside a dime groups and they are just savage model 10 rifles !

So lots of replies. Read a lot,not all. I have gathered its good round,had no doubt there. As good as most and better than a cpl. HAs very lite recoil is biggest thing I have seen. If lighter than 7mm-08. Can you even tell it shot other than the sound. I have 7mm-08 and IMO its little more than a 22 mag. but not much. Maybe 35 years of 7mm mag and few bigger ones I am just too use to little thump back.
Stick with the 7-08

Lol...

Attachments

• 6.5.jpg
    6.5.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 99
sticking with 7mm-08 is not realy a choice. With the money I spent its only option. Plus it shoots great IMO. Shot two three leaf clover groups last week at just under 300 yrds and still not the optimal trigger in it. La rue is lot nicer than mil spec ***,but its not a crisp or lite as what I want. Then it was 85 bucks not 325. Beside if it runs out of steam I have the ol faithful Vanguard 7mm rem mag I have been using for 32 years.

Not really in market for 6.5 just wanted some input as to why its the new greatest thing ever in some folks and magazine views.

So seems only thing in na gun magizine now days is 6.5 creedmore.Some hoe its the holy grail of guns. I am not knocking it. Just that looking at ballistic numbers I do not see it as any better rnd than a lot of older tried and true rounds. Give me your sells pitch.
Avoid the hype. Note why it was built. This is worth the time to listen...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.