sale me on the 6.5 creedmore

I noticed everybody that had something to compare it with has a magnum or long action to compare.
The 6.5cm has good barrel life, great availability of components, excellent selection of off the shelf rifles ranging from 250$ to 2500$ semi/custom stuff. The cartridge is inherently accurate, comes twisted for heavies, usually has a threaded muzzle. The ballistics of warm handloads run with a 300wm minus the energy, but also minus the recoil. The 6.5 creedmoor, needmore, manbun, hipster, whatever people want to call it, is an excellent design, marketing execution level: JEDI MASTER, it flat out works. I fn bashed this thing for MANY years. Now I own 3. And sad to say, my 25cm and 6.5 cms get shot more than anything else in the stable. Just f'n send it!

I have tried out the 6.5 creedmore.. underwelming on all accounts except accuracy. they, 6.5 creedmores, are on par with my 300 win's, my 338 W/M, 338 Lapua, 270 Win and my 270 WSM's. still nothing special.

Bang your head.gif

What can a 6.5 cm do that 260 Remington can't????????
Has lapua small primer brass, has proper geometry to keep bullets out of powder space and still make 2.85" coal? It is more efficient. Has gained FAR more popularity, just look at the ammo selection. I like both cases, both perform almost equally, both with their plus and minus.

I think there's an underlying cause for it's popularity, recoil or lack thereof, paired with a very high bc bullet. Light kicking guns are both easy and fun to shoot.

Generallh, 260 Remington has 50to 100 fps or more advantage over CM and Nosler
140-grain factory load at 3,000 fps. For brass, simply neck down .308/7.62 brass. Certainly,
for hand-loader, .260 is much better than CM. DoD accuracy testing, .260 versus CM
found no difference. Despite Remington's initial blunder with 1 in 9 inch twist, later corrected
(my Ruger is 1 in 8") the 260 is superior to the CM!
Doc D

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.