sale me on the 6.5 creedmore

So seems only thing in na gun magizine now days is 6.5 creedmore.Some hoe its the holy grail of guns. I am not knocking it. Just that looking at ballistic numbers I do not see it as any better rnd than a lot of older tried and true rounds. Give me your sells pitch.
I can't. Good shooter but everything it does there are others that do it better. Don't get me wrong, we build a lot of them. That said, if short action is the criteria, Id shoot a 308win before 6.5 Credemore, even a 260 Rem. I have 3. Id shoot a 300 WSM past 500 yards.

2nd Post: Checked again for Ammo at store couple days ago. The Options were, get this, 6.5PRC, 300PRC, 338 Lapua, 7RM, 308, & 6.5 Creed. Time to decide which 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle to buy.

Last edited:
Ah, so it was Hornady that started all this 6.5 hoopla. I had been out of the loop for a while and this did befuddle me a bit. I am glad I read this post because I have always (well, maybe not always) wondered why the 6.5 has grown so quickly within the ranks of cartridges. I am a big bullet boy and doubt that I will ever own 6.5 anything, but it is too well talked about to dismiss the round as viable for what it was designed to do. My vote: You should have yourself one!

And now this is in 6.5 creedmoor.what the heck man

Attachments

• 7AEBFA3D-75C0-4DBF-BD68-E2C49F6B6FF4.png
    7AEBFA3D-75C0-4DBF-BD68-E2C49F6B6FF4.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 76
Ballistically it is identical to the 6.5x55 swed and the great 270 win which have accounted for more kills than almost any other cartridges on planet earth. It will do everything the old swed will do better and with less powder. Because it is so efficient it is inherently accurate. My particular example will shoot 1/4 moa with factory hornady black ammo. At 1250+ yards it is a dream to shoot at steal as those little 6.5s with their high bc bullets just cut through the wind and at 600 or closer even an amateur can connect on game. It is the perfect caliber imho for women and children to learn on. My fourteen year old can consistently connect at 1000 yrds on small silouettes cold bore. Its just a fun effective and efficient little round for just about anything you want to do. The only caliber that I might like better for everyday use would be a 7mm-08. It just has a little more punch.

We have a 375, 338s, 300s, 30-06s, 308s 270s (my personal favorite, if it was good enough for Jack it is good enough for me!😁), 7mm-08, 6.5s (6.5x284, 6.5x55, 6.5 creed), 22-250s, 223s. By far the favorite gun to shoot is the creedmore. You can shoot it all day at less than half the price of the big boys and not get killed on the back end.

Finally, It is just a nifty little round that with the right bullet selection could take down any of North Americas hooved big game with relative certainty. It would in my opinion be the perfect sheep gun. Compare it beyond 500yrds with anything in it class and you will see where it shines. On first glance it may not look like it but at distances beyond 500yrds it out performs the 223, 22-250, 243, 257 Roberts, 7mm-08, and yes even my beloved 270.

It is just a great round! Better than anything else out there???🤔 Well someone else will have to argue that, but I like it alot and as long as we can own more than one gun why should we have to choose, but if you do need to the creed would be a good one...

Attachments

• 20200831_045557.jpg
    20200831_045557.jpg
    707.2 KB · Views: 81
So seems only thing in na gun magizine now days is 6.5 creedmore.Some hoe its the holy grail of guns. I am not knocking it. Just that looking at ballistic numbers I do not see it as any better rnd than a lot of older tried and true rounds. Give me your sells pitch.
Owned a few, but don't own one now and will probably never own another one, I couldn't find anything special about a 6.5 needmore, guess I'll just stick with my ole .243 😁😁😁

Everybody wants their name on a cartridge. I gave a friend some copy from Leonard Herter's catalog and suggested he pick a fractional name for his WunderBoomer.He settled on the soon-to-be-announced 3/8 Bil. One L, not to be confused with the 2-L BiLL. This stuff makes shooters tired after a few decades. Nonsense. In order to facilitate case buying, save annealing and case forming, he chose specs suspiciously close to the old standard .375 Whatchamadigger. Though it's a Wildkitty, It's a very nice all-around case, as are its 250 or so worthless litter-mates.
Do you mean George Leonard Herter?

I'm still trying to figure out why the .264 Winchester is no good and the Creed can
shoot holes in the moon.

Zeke
264 Win Mag is what I thought I wanted until I joined LRH. I am working on converting a 240 to a 6.5/284 Norma, so short action and magazine restrictions in addition to weight issues is what led me to the 6.5/284 Norma. There are other calibers that outperform it such as 6.5 WBY, 6.5 prc etc.. so I am told. Component availability such as brass I also take into consideration as well as dies etc.. But your right the 264 Win Mag is a shooter.

I can make a 264 as light as any short action while blowing the doors off any 6.5 284. AND when the airline loses my ammo I won't have to borrow the guides 721 30-06.

264 Win Mag is what I thought I wanted until I joined LRH. I am working on converting a 240 to a 6.5/284 Norma, so short action and magazine restrictions in addition to weight issues is what led me to the 6.5/284 Norma. There are other calibers that outperform it such as 6.5 WBY, 6.5 prc etc.. so I am told. Component availability such as brass I also take into consideration as well as dies etc.. But your right the 264 Win Mag is a shooter.
Because the manufacturers are finally getting the barrel twist rates close to the Bullets we want to use

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.