sale me on the 6.5 creedmore

I see a pattern with the haters. They shoot other 6.5's and cant stand that the creedmoor is more popular. Then there are the why do we need another round we already have xxxx which is really just as good crowd. And lets not forget the I dont like anything thats new or trendy crowd.

American company develops new round and does what no other company could that is make a 6.5 round successful in this market. Timing is everything. The creed arrived about the same time the interest in longer range shooting started getting popular. Kudos to Hornady. They even put the original load data on the box. H4350 and the creedmoor is like peanut butter and jelly. It's an American success story. If you cant see that you probably should vote democrat. 😁
Still vote Republican 🇺🇸

Low recoil and can see your misses make the 6.5CM and 6CM a lot of fun to shoot little critters as far as you can see without dealing with ethical issues of down range energy.

Attachments

• 8E612C0C-2D93-4F44-817F-DDCD247784E1.jpeg
    8E612C0C-2D93-4F44-817F-DDCD247784E1.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 115
  • F7FBA646-8D90-4843-BCDF-CCD96DAF8F45.jpeg
    F7FBA646-8D90-4843-BCDF-CCD96DAF8F45.jpeg
    906.7 KB · Views: 110
So seems only thing in na gun magizine now days is 6.5 creedmore.Some hoe its the holy grail of guns. I am not knocking it. Just that looking at ballistic numbers I do not see it as any better rnd than a lot of older tried and true rounds. Give me your sells pitch.
there isn't one. It is a fine round but not better than the .260 Rem, The .260 actually a a bit of an edge but not enough to quarrel about. 6-5 pick 'em. Not sure what other tried and true rounds you might be thinking of. The 6.5-284 will smoke both the Creedmore and .260. Between the CM/.260 and the 6.5-284 is the Swede, 6.5x55, as tried and true as they get. Modern loads really wake it up. Little known in US but a favorite in Europe is the 6.5x57 Mauser, a necked down 7x57. It sits between the Swede and 6.5x284. Then come the 6,5-06 and variants, AI and Sherman. Lastly, staying with the .473 rim is the new 6.5 RPM by Weatherby.
Lots of options and they all work, just decide on action length, handload or not, and $. You're in the land of choices.

I can assure people this, I use 06 Lapua brass and after fire forming its .015 shorter to max C.O.A.L in a 6.5x06AI and I see Alex is doing the same thing in a 280AI.
Theres no difference scrubbing a .010 area on trimmed back brass than .015 people read way to much into it.
Well lapua is good, you're using the shortest -06 brass there is. If I were to do that, I'd use peterson 270 brass necked down just enough to chamber with some resistance. Don't trim until after second firing, case will never come up short. The saami 260 neck is only 260 long. The creedmoor is 280 long. After you form the 260 in the creed it'll likely be 25-30k short of the chamber.

Well lapua is good, you're using the shortest -06 brass there is. If I were to do that, I'd use peterson 270 brass necked down just enough to chamber with some resistance. Don't trim until after second firing, case will never come up short. The saami 260 neck is only 260 long. The creedmoor is 280 long. After you form the 260 in the creed it'll likely be 25-30k short of the chamber.
I understand its shorter, but explain to me what scrubbing on a .015 area vrs a .010 is. When your scrubbing on the ring you'll never know the difference.

So seems only thing in na gun magizine now days is 6.5 creedmore.Some hoe its the holy grail of guns. I am not knocking it. Just that looking at ballistic numbers I do not see it as any better rnd than a lot of older tried and true rounds. Give me your sells pitch.
Watch some of you tube videos yes they are fairly new on the market I had one shot dam good I wanted just a little more so I went with th 6.5 prc and do make a 300 prc till you shoot onei guess you won't know you count go to these places and rent several and see what a lot of us like about them I honestly don't think you would be disappinted

I have been very skeptical of the 6.5 creedmoor for many years. I am a firearm dealer and have had several people order them in over the years. I have never stocked one before. This year I ordered in a Savage Axis for myself for deer season. I took it out this year and shot my first deer in 11 years. 210 yards one shot dropped it where it stood. I have never had that happen before with my .30-06. I've had the .30-06 enter and exit and the deer runs 300-500 yards even with a good shot. What I saw this year is the larger calibers are wasted energy. The 6.5 entered expanded and stopped before exiting and causing enough damage to tip over a deer at that range. That being said it is not the end all best caliber for every hunt. I personally would not choose it for anything larger then a deer out to 350 yards. It would be okay for elk out to maybe 150 yards with a well placed shot but you need to think about an ethical hunt and need to use a large enough caliber to be ethical you don't want to have the animal run after the shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.