sale me on the 6.5 creedmore

So seems only thing in na gun magizine now days is 6.5 creedmore.Some hoe its the holy grail of guns. I am not knocking it. Just that looking at ballistic numbers I do not see it as any better rnd than a lot of older tried and true rounds. Give me your sells pitch.
Easy to shoot, great for competition, easy to load for lots of bullet options and every company is making guns and bullets

They just plain shoot. Easy to load for. Reload components are easily found and the selection is great. Lapua, ADG, Peterson, Hornady, Nosler, Starline, etc..... all make brass. You find brass in SRP and LRP to load. Very easy round to load for and easy to get 2900-3000 FPS with a 140. Just a good simple round and east to load accurate ammo.

Last edited:
I wanted to get an upper for my AR and I did a lot of research on both the 6.5 Creekmore and the 260 Remington. After a lot of time spent. Her is what I found. If your buying ammo. Creekmore hands down. If you roll your own 260 Remington. I roll my own so now I have two AR 's in 260 Rem both with 22" light profile Black Hole Weaponry polygonal barrels. I was so impressed got Black Hole to build me a 26" 1-8 M40 heavy barrel Remage style. That was back in early May still have not received the barrel. Thinking it's going to come in January. 7 months . Sure hope it is worth the wait.

Intresting round. I have one in a Bergara HMR and it is a real shooter. I've had and have a bunch of rifles and the only rifle that shot better was a bull barreled Rem 700 in 7-08.
The only teason I got this rifle/chambering was to try my hand at long distance shooting without punishing myself with a heavier cartridge. The round is extremely accurate and flat shooting. But if I had to limit myself I'd probably go with something better for hunting. Like a 7-08 or 270 win or even the old reliable '06. And even sticking with the caliber there are better choices.
The 6.5 CM is here to stay and both ammo and rifles are readily available.

I won't sell you on the 6.5. It's the worst. Look at this terrible group at 700 yards. I could even get two rounds to touch. I could barely get it covered with business card. That 147 eldm factory ammo is the worst.

Not sure why i take it every range trip when i have a 28 nosler, 7mm rem, 300 win and a 270 win.

Attachments

• E603BC8A-18FD-4A15-961D-03D39667AD88.jpeg
    E603BC8A-18FD-4A15-961D-03D39667AD88.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • CD2A1F28-1720-430F-AC4A-BF96AC64477D.jpeg
    CD2A1F28-1720-430F-AC4A-BF96AC64477D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
So seems only thing in na gun magizine now days is 6.5 creedmore.Some hoe its the holy grail of guns. I am not knocking it. Just that looking at ballistic numbers I do not see it as any better rnd than a lot of older tried and true rounds. Give me your sells pitch.

The BIG Question is: What are you going to use it for?
Hunting?
Long-Range paper n plinking?
Both?
And can't forget the SHTF Militia work. :D

QUOTE:
"In October 2017, U.S. Special Operations Command tested the performance of the 7.62x51 NATO, .260 Remington, and 6.5 CM cartridges out of SR25, M110A1, and Mk20 sniper rifles. SOCOM determined that the 6.5CM performed the best, doubling hit probability at 1,000 meters (italics mine) increasing effective range by nearly half, reducing wind drift by a third and having less recoil than the 7.62 NATO rounds…"

:D In a AR10 (.308) platform, the 6.5 CM upper uses the same .308 or NATO magazine.
If you have an AR10 type multi-cal lower, then I'd get the 6.5 CM upper.
(I got one about a year ago for under $400. 24-inch SS fluted barrel.)
Buy a heavier 5-oz. buffer too.

Last edited:
Look at this first shot of the day. Another terrible shot at 1000 yards. I would expect a more centered shot from a 6.5 with a standard savage action. The worst.

Don't know why anyone shoot one.

Attachments

• 19881D02-46FF-4702-A193-42D9A175BB51.jpeg
    19881D02-46FF-4702-A193-42D9A175BB51.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
All rifles are fun! Including the 6.5 Creedmore. I always resist change. Now I have one. Took a 6-point two weeks ago.

IMHO what is more important than the caliber (provided it has enough energy on target) is the manufacturer and quality of the rifle itself.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No sales pitch, but it's threads like this that give us a reason to while away a couple of hours on a great Thanksgiving Day!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.