sale me on the 6.5 creedmore

So seems only thing in na gun magizine now days is 6.5 creedmore.Some hoe its the holy grail of guns. I am not knocking it. Just that looking at ballistic numbers I do not see it as any better rnd than a lot of older tried and true rounds. Give me your sells pitch.
I picked up a 6.5 x 55 SM instead of a 6.5 creedmore. Shoot what caliber/cartridge meets your needs or your interests. There are a lot of benefits to the 6.5 creedmore, but it's not a one-stop-shop.

I have 300 ultras, lapuas, winmags 06 and now a pile of 6.5s. Me and the kids have been piling up the elk and deer with a creedmoor and it works fine. When it came out I was looking for a 260rem but ended up with creedmoor because hornady flooded the market and that's what was there when I needed it. I prefer the 6.5 prc but again found myself using the creedmoor for the kids sake. I won't argue calibers with anyone (I'm not racist I like all calibers) but I know if you can hit the vitals it's over with a creedmoor the same as with anything else with lower recoil doing it. So....why not I say. 7elk 1 shot kills 50, 75, 250, 515,515,315,202 yards.

View attachment 227941View attachment 227942
View attachment 227934
Lucky ****! I guess that's what you get living in Idaho.

As a number of have posted on this thread, the 6.5 Creed is an excellent medium power light recoil hunting round. At hunting ranges it is a ballistic twin of the 260 Rem and similar to several other 6.5 cartridges. Where it excels and is superior to 260 Rem is in precision competition shooting at ranges from 600-1200 yds. That is where its design makes it different. The AI style shoulder and longer neck in a shorter case make it ideal for seating very long low drag bullets in a short action. The long neck makes it easier to maintain concentricity with the long bullets. It's pleasantly moderate recoil and the 6.5 advantages in BC make it an exceptional cartridge for punching holes in paper at very long ranges, which is exactly what it was designed to do. It was never intended or claimed to be ideal for dropping elk and moose from 1000 yds away. If you want to try that grab a 7mm or 30 cal magnum and your shoulder pad.
IMG_0683.JPG
IMG_0683.JPG

So seems only thing in na gun magizine now days is 6.5 creedmore.Some hoe its the holy grail of guns. I am not knocking it. Just that looking at ballistic numbers I do not see it as any better rnd than a lot of older tried and true rounds. Give me your sells pitch.
They're great for kids my 11 year old grandson has killed his first 2 bucks this year first 1 was at 175 yards quartering away 1 shot right threw the boiler room DOI never took a step. They're a lot of fun to shoot but for my part I'm a 7mm or 30 caliber fan JMHO

this past year I was looking at my heavy Barrel 308 VS a 6.5 Creedmore, after looking at the numbers and the Brass availability I stuck with the 308, it's been a Long Range winner for Many years and the Bullet and Brass availability is so much more than the 6.5. Also I wasn't that impressed with the actual Statistics with the 6.5 the Hype is far more than the actual, it's kinda like the Ford Edsel a Lot of HYPE that turned out to be a FLOP, not saying that the 6.5 isn't any good but it's way over rated. However there are those that have to have the NEWEST Gadget on the market and they will swear it's the best thing since Sliced Bread.

Very good caliber nothing to not like about it, good for hunting and long range target shooting.

this past year I was looking at my heavy Barrel 308 VS a 6.5 Creedmore, after looking at the numbers and the Brass availability I stuck with the 308, it's been a Long Range winner for Many years and the Bullet and Brass availability is so much more than the 6.5. Also I wasn't that impressed with the actual Statistics with the 6.5 the Hype is far more than the actual, it's kinda like the Ford Edsel a Lot of HYPE that turned out to be a FLOP, not saying that the 6.5 isn't any good but it's way over rated. However there are those that have to have the NEWEST Gadget on the market and they will swear it's the best thing since Sliced Bread.
See my post above re the true intent of the 6.5Creedmor design.

I bought mine because it was advertised so hard and flooded the market. No, not because im a supporter type. In fact , ive spent most of my.life as a classic anti supporter . I hate slick advertising that deceives the average uninformed consumer.
My thoughts are, if the round is saturating the market , components are going to be readily avaliable in times of conflict or fill in the blank .
I needed a round that wont paralyze me when i fire it because of nasty neck issues, but shoots a bullet that holds up well enough for the occasional 500 yd shot on SE whitetails . What i really didnt expect was just how easy it was to put a 6.5 man bun together that shoots extremely accurate .
So...readily avaliable components, mild recoil, good ballistics for my area and game, inherent accuracy .
Not the end all, be all cartridge some less educated people might have been tricked into touting , but a fine shooting cartridge .

the 243win was once the hot thing. The 250-3000 was a big deal once, being as how you could get factory ammo up to 3000fps MV. Some get all goooguleey over a pre 64 MOD70 in 257 Roberts. The big daddy of all the hot small caliber cartridges brought out is the 270win, the Creedmoor gets close but can't duplicate the raw punch/power of a 150gr partition. On the upper end the 270 is limited by its slow twist. Of course the Grandady is the 6.5X55 Sweed, it has been killing big game like moose for as long as the 30-06 has been around. Of all the sub 7mm non magnum options the 6.5C has all the best attributes you would look for. Proven killer, able to use heavy hiBC bullets for caliber, mild recoil, accurate, plenty of ammo options and just fun to shoot. Compared to the 30-06 the 308 is no great shakes, but it got popular for many of the same reasons the 6.5C is popular. I have 30-06's and 270's so I don't need a 6.5C or a 6mmC to hunt with but for just shooting or 600-1000yrd matches you can get a lot of good choices in ready to go rifles and ammo. For what it does the 6.5C is hard to beat. If you don't already have a 30-06, 280rem, 270win or a 308 the 6.5C is a great cartridge to start with.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.