Sako vs. Tikka?

bvolcic

Hey all,

I have been a big fan of Weatherby's for many years, and have never paid much attention to the Sako line. Recently I have had the chance to be around a Sako Finnlite and could not believe how smooth the action was compared to my Mark V.

I have been wanting to purchase a Weatherby Ultralight, but might now be changing toward the Sako Finnlight. The only thing I don't really care for is the Sako synthetic stock. I would rather have the synthetic like the Weatherby with the splatter paint on it.

What I have been thinking of is possibly buying a Sako Finnlite and putting a new stock on it. Here is the question, are Sako and Tikka's actions the same? Would I be better off in purchasing a Tikka and putting the stock on it? I would like to build a lightweight 7MM.

Thanks for your thought.

bvolcic

Actions are not the same. The tikka is a lower end rifle made by sako. However the tikka action is very good with an excellent trigger. I own several Tikka T-3 lights and all are very accurate and excellent rifles. The finnlite is a step up in quality but the tikka does the job just fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.