Sako TRG-S M-995 build-up?

soren

I have a M-995 in 300WM that I'm thinking of having "built". I have bottom metal for it already and plan on using a McM A-5. I want to use the factory mags with this stock. Any thoughts on the action? I haven't made a decision on whether to chamber for 300WM, 7mmRM or .264Win Mag yet.

Last edited:
I have a 7 STW built on a M-995.I used the original stock,and a 28" Hart barrel.I really like the action.They also have a good magazine,and a really nice trigger.Dont see them around too much.I think they stopped making them.

I have 3-4 of them. Good lightweight action with a good trigger. The problem is there is no recoil lug for bedding and it is a difficult job to properly bed the action. That is why the action is so light.

bohe, did you change over to a Rem.700 style recoil lug?....I like the rifle/action; but the recoil pad with the spacer set-up is terrible. I changed over to a Limbsaver pad, it's a big improvement. I also installed a Near base and Seekins rings w/ Bushnell 6500.

I have one in a 30-378, 30'' hart in sendero. I put a remington recoil lug on because it used to slide back and forth in the stock. The factory lug is in the stock and the stock cracked at the top of the grip area. Like the action though and it shoots well.

I also have a couple of these rifles. Great shooters. I had SSG build a 7RM into a 300RUM. I used the original stock also. The magazine is the tough part to work with an aftermarket stock. Someone had some aftermarket Serengetti magazine parts for them on here a few weeks ago. Looks good but pricey. You should just sell it to me and build on a Rem 700 action. The 700 recoil lug sounds like the best option.
bb204

I have read the sticky; thank you. I bought my bottom metal from McMillan already. If I change my mind on using this action then I will probably get a Surgeon or Lawton for a build-up. My Sako actually shoots very well; but has some minor pitting on the exterior of the barrel....previous owner. Since I changed the recoil pad it is much more pleasant to shoot....I'll be hanging on to it.:D

I cant remember offhand,but I think we put in a Rem. lug.I also put on a Limbsaver pad,and got my gunsmith to reinforce the front sling swivel stud with a piece of metal underneath as this seems to be a weak spot on the rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts