• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Sako TRG-42 338LM w/Premier Heritage Tactical 3.5-15x50 Gen 2-Mil dot

longrangehunterII

2013 Sako TRG-42 338 Lapua Magnum in Dessert Tan w/the Phosphate Finish. Premier Heritage 3-15x50 Tactical 34mm Scope Illum. Gen 2-Mil Dot 0.1 Mrad 27Mil-DT-MTC-CCW set in a Sako TRG Three Ring Scope Mount.
27 1/4" BBL. 1:10" Twist Chrome lined, very accurate 3/8"-1/2" MOA and cleans up very fast. Never more the five round groups fired, most were three.

Extra parts included with sale:
Sako TRG Three Ring Scope Mount 34 mm built in slope 28 moa
Sako TRG Bipod
Sako TRG 10 mm cheek riser
Sako TRG Muzzle Brake
Sako TRG DBM 5 round 338 LM

Gun has 175 rounds down the barrel, was broke in prior to load development. I have Redding Type S Match Dies, F/L and Neck with a bushing for Lapua Brass. Sizing dies are new, I only ran the necks over a sizing button.

I have 175 once fired brass and 125 new pieces of Lapua Brass, #190-300 gr. Scenar and 300 SMK's bullets available for purchase. My loads were all light @ 2600-2700 fps so the brass is perfect. If you live near me I have over 5 Lbs. of RL-33 I'll sell you.

Gun and Scope new with the above Sako parts cost $7,550.00. I'll sell the package w/o the brass and dies for $6,550.00.

Gun without the scope but all the Factory TRG Parts, Three Ring scope mount, Bipod, Muzzle brake, extra DBM (New in the box), a 10 mm Spacer for $3,900.00.

I have all the original boxes, the gun is in Mint Condition, the scope only has a mark from removing the cap that the battery is housed in, otherwise it is in perfect condition (the cap can be replaced, this would make the scope look perfect, as-in new condition).

Attachments

• Sako TRG-42 LM.jpg
    Sako TRG-42 LM.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 6
  • Sako TRG-42.jpg
    Sako TRG-42.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Sako Parts.jpg
    Sako Parts.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 338LM 06:05:13.jpg
    338LM 06:05:13.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 338LM 06:06:13.jpg
    338LM 06:06:13.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
If anyone is interested in any of the Dies, brass or various bullets I have let me Know.

1x fired Lapua Brass is Sold Pending Funds.

I have #190 Lapua 300 grain Scenar bullets and #40 Sierra 300 grain MatchKing bullets, as well as a set of Redding Type S Match F/L dies.

For those not aware about Sako's Three Ring Scope mount, the 34 mm version will use a insert in the rings for 30 mm scopes.

I also made a mistake in the slope, it's 30 MOA built into the mount. This is a one piece mount that get the scope lower then any after market product out there for mounting a scope to the Sako TRG action. It slides onto the 17 degree dove tail cut into the action and uses the recoil notches/holes on the top of the action that is shock and recoil proof! These retail for $435.00.

Last edited:
ERROR ONLY 125 ROUNDS DOWN THE BARREL!

I wondered why my reloading log book didn't match the brass in the ammo boxes I have in my shooting room. 1 whole #50 round box was just prepped brass and not fired!

I had a buyer for the 1x fired brass and this came to my attention today.

I have another buyer wanting 25 pieces of new brass, so that leaves me with another 50 pieces on new brass for sale if anyone is interested as well as a Box of #100 new pieces.

As you can see from the picture there are only 125 once fired pieces and 75 new pieces of brass. My reloading room is too small for all this stuff, so the indoor shooting cabin is where some of this stuff gets stored, which is how the mistake happened.

Attachments

• 338 LM Boxed Brass .jpg
    338 LM Boxed Brass .jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 8
Hey, I might be interested in your brass and your dies could you give a quote on what you have left .

:) Hi, I'm possibly interested in some brass and the dies so if I could get a quote on those items ?

:) Hi, I'm possibly interested in some brass and the dies so if I could get a quote on those items ?
125 pieces of 1x fired brass is Sold pending funds.
25 pieces of new Brass SPF, plus a possible 50 more, wont know until Wednesday.

If those sell, I'll have 100 pieces of new brass left- $2.56 each/$256.00 per 100 shipped.

Type S Match F/L Die set w/seater $208.00 shipped. .364 Titanium Bushing for the Lapua brass $20.00 (Unused).

Only reason for selling this beauty is because shooting it prone has been bothering my neck from whip lash I received from riding a snowmobile last year.

Ok, someone asked me how much elevation is left in the scope on this mount.... 26.8 Mils! That is not a typo or mistaken. The scope has a total of 27 mils, with the Sako Three Ring scope mount I have almost the full amount of elevation still left in the scope with this base.

These 34 mm rings will except the Optilock 30 mm inserts if someone wants to buy the gun w/o the scope and use a 30 mm or a 34 mm scope with the mounting system. Very cool stuff that is bomb proof!

I still have 100 pieces of new brass for sale at this time.

Last edited:
OK, this is a break down of the extra parts with the sale of the gun. If you look at the sum of the parts, and what it costs to buy the various parts, it's actually a great deal.

Extra parts included with sale:
Sako TRG Three Ring Scope Mount 34 mm (built in slope 30 moa) $400.00
Sako TRG Bipod $450.00
Sako TRG 10 mm cheek riser $75.00
Sako TRG Muzzle Brake $175.00
Sako TRG DBM 5 round 338 LM (extra NIB) $175.00

That's only $2,625.00 for a Sako TRG-42 with only 125 rounds down the barrel!

So, here's the lowdown, this is going to the gunsmith and become a 300 Norma Magnum if this doesn't sell this week.

I also have a complete extra bolt with a .532" bolt face that will transform the TRG into any standard magnum cartridge -300 WM, 7mm WM, etc. But I'm going to use the bolt that came with the gun for a long range 300 Norma Magnum. So if anyone is interested now is the time to speak up, otherwise by-by to a great deal if you do the math, and hello 300 Norma in a Sako TRG-42.

Last edited: