Sako Tikka Stainless Fluted been fixed from kaboom ?

Airgunner7

I totally forgot about the stainless fluted sako tikka blowups from '04 ish....... and went and got a new one in 300WM.

Did they fix the problem totally? Have there been any incidents since?

My tikka lite lh stainless in 270 has been fine for a full year. I don't see any problem with them at all. I would hesitate to use overloads in them with the trim barrel, but if you respect the rifle you'll be fine. **** good shooter too; all I've done is drop the # on the trigger a bit and it'll do 1/2 moa with decent loads.

I'm on round 3 so far of shoot n clean, and love it. Other than that problem way back with the fluted ones these rifles are amazing. Don't think they would still be making them if they had not figured it out. Crossing fingers on this one.gun)

I have the 7mm RM Tikka T-3 and shot it 10 times the first time out, 1 to sight and three groups. Only then did I clean the rifle and got no copper fouling. Just saying.. and groups down to 1/2" w/ the Berger 168

When I first started shooting I would do the shoot and clean thing, then I read a book "Precision Shooting Primer" and saw that Tony Boyer (worlds best Benchrest shooter) would shoot 20 on a new barrel then clean. Who am I to question or doubt him, and it is so much easier. Just don't heat up the barrel.

When I first started shooting I would do the shoot and clean thing, then I read a book "Precision Shooting Primer" and saw that Tony Boyer (worlds best Benchrest shooter) would shoot 20 on a new barrel then clean. Who am I to question or doubt him, and it is so much easier. Just don't heat up the barrel.
+1

BTW I've got about 500 rounds on my T3 and it's usually 1/2 moa, with a load it doesn't like going to moa or thereabouts.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.