• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Sako M995(TRG-S)stock needed!

Sako7STW

My stock split in half on me a few years ago and I thought I would just throw up a thread and see if anyone had one collecting dust?

Attachments

• 13332966-E5C0-4A69-8E6D-07BF18A5C4EF.jpeg
    13332966-E5C0-4A69-8E6D-07BF18A5C4EF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
I might still have the old one off of my first 7.82 lazzeroni. I'll check tomorrow evening and let you know.

How common are the stocks breaking? From recoil? I'm looking to buy one chambered in 338 lapua, need to see if I need to keep an eye out for a spare stock. Not many aftermarket options that I've seen recently.

This is the second one I've had and both were chambered in 7.82 lazzeroni warbird. I've yet to have one crack or break on me, but I've also installed a muzzle break on both right off the bat. That being said I have heard of others breaking but I have yet to have that problem.

Sorry fellas, i was away from the net for few days. I will get with you in the morning!! Thanks!!!!

How common are the stocks breaking? From recoil? I'm looking to buy one chambered in 338 lapua, need to see if I need to keep an eye out for a spare stock. Not many aftermarket options that I've seen recently.
You are correct, not many and very expensive. See https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/sako-m995-stock.68198/ for my queries in 2011 for my SAKOM995 in .300WM.
This is the second one I've had and both were chambered in 7.82 lazzeroni warbird. I've yet to have one crack or break on me, but I've also installed a muzzle break on both right off the bat. That being said I have heard of others breaking but I have yet to have that problem.
Same here! Murphy does not discriminate regardless of quality. It will break on the weakest link, but I have never seen it as bad as the OP's. Most I have seen they are cracks by the rear of the action, and most are caused by using a lead sled with excessive weight (100- pounder or so) to eliminate recoil. Most blamed it on the lead sled (duh). I use a lead sled too, but never use any weight - it is meant to reduce felt recoil, not eliminate it ... and yes, I still have it and have no issues with it when properly used.

Recent Posts