Sako Hot line? Recall on stainless Sakos?

hopperdamage

Hi ya all, just found this message board tonight and posted inquiring about scope mounts for a stainless Safo finn-lite in 30-06. Quoted this from a responce Larry O gave:

recall on some stainless sakos... better call the sako hotline to see if your rifle is included (you'll need the serial number)... some rifles have "blown up" - wasn't a pretty picture... not trying to worry you but just something you might want to know "before buying"... they are replacing the rifles but why go through that if you can find one that's not included...

Does any have any information on this, or the number of the hot line? Thanks!

I found it on another forum. It's 800-503-8869. It's a recall hot line. Apparently it is on guns purchased after Feb. 04. I left a message on their voice mail. I also found another post with a range of the serial numbers, the rifle I have a question about looks like it was a gun made before the problem of barrel blow ups. Apparently caused by metrology problems with the metal used to make the barrel. A site by the name accutatereloading.com has a good amount of information on this, none of it from Berretta USA. On of the posts has pictures of a gun blown up owned by one of the members there. I have a new SAKO 75 Finn-light on layaway. The price was very good, maybe I know why now.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts