• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Sako Finnlight 300 WSM_pristine condition

Ftothfadd

I am testing the waters here. I have a sako 85 finnlight in 300 WSM I am considering selling. I bought the rifle last year and have shot 52 rounds through it. It would come with sako optliock bases and low rings (30 mm). Stainless base and black rings to match both the rifle and the scope. It will come in its original box with the original recoil pad. (Scope is NOT included!)
I am very particular about my rifles and it is in mint condition, all metalwork is pristine.
The rifle with the rings can be had for 1400$+actual shipping from me to your FFL. If it sells for the asking price I will throw in 2 boxes (40 rounds) of Hornady ELD-X 200 grain ammo.

PRICE DROP: 1300$ for the rifle and sako rings shipped tyd.

Please let me know if you are interested. (The best new price I can find is 1580+tax without the rings (135$). Please PM me if you think I am off with the price. I sold several rifles already here but I would like to know if I am off.)
I am selling the rifle because I am having difficulty managing the recoil and I developed an itch for a full custom...
Pictures were taken two months ago when I was already contemplating to sell the rifle. Since then I took it out once more and confirmed that I am not man enough to handle its recoil. (It shoots slightly under 1 MOA if I can keep it together).
Thank you for looking, Ferenc

120E2ECC-0491-41A2-9C13-2650EEED9FEB_1_201_a.jpeg
AD84DF8B-4DCF-4ECF-9C3B-F1882E15FF8C_1_201_a.jpeg
AD9A714B-8B21-4C34-9577-C2CBB704A786_1_201_a.jpeg
C9322911-C39C-43E8-BF5E-8AC8EB547C61_1_201_a.jpeg
82E2938C-817A-4507-99D4-5FAAA56E6BBD_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
Ever thought about threading and adding a brake?
Fantastic mountain rifles, my buddy has one and has done well in the Yukon and New Mexico carrying it. I loved how it felt, never did get around to shooting his but he swears by it and told me to buy this one. Wish I had the cash, GLWS!

Last edited:
It is a super nice rifle. Some of the slickest actions I have ever cycled. I am sure a brake or suppressor would completely solve my problem, I just try to avoid using a brake at any cost, and a suppressor makes it rather unwieldy.
Regardless, thank you very much for your comment!
Ferenc

Lots of views, but little in the form of actual interest. If you think I am off the price or anything else is amiss please PM me.
Thank you, Ferenc

Over 400 views but little actual interest. Am I missing something?
Thank you for looking!
Popular rifles, lots of Sako fans. The finnlights are great rifles, I've had two and both shot very small and that's a great cartridge to be chambered in. I'd leave it where it is but if it doesn't get a bite you might have to come down a bit even though you make it clear to send you an offer or talk about price. Nice rifle, good luck with the sale, worse case scenario it stays in your arsenal and that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Thank you Nakneker!
I could not have said it better. I will not feel bad if I end up keeping it, it will just stay with its bigger brother in 338 Win mag. Admittedly, one of the reasons I am selling it is that I am trying to free up some place in my gunsafe and have 7 SAUM custom built. (I could also use the funds for the build...)
Thank you for the comment again!