Sako Bespoke

Tac-O

I've been dreaming of beautiful sakos recently and hope to someday own a deluxe Sako model, or maybe a few. I happen to see an article about their Bespoke line, which seems like it is their custom shop.

After looking at these beauties Sako super deluxe as well as some of their engraved actions and bottom metals, I was really hoping that someone around here has one if these Bespoke Sakos. I'm dreaming of having their mannlicher stock in .308 or 6.5x55, with gloss blueing and antiqued engraving (not the gold inlay), and relief carving near the checkering that is either oak leaves and acorns or juniper leaves and berries, similar to what I'd in the link.

Let see what you have, if you have one!

Tac-O

It's definitely not in my budget either! Maybe I could swing one of their premium models someday, which includes the engraving. But not any time soon. That's why I'm going to attempt to make my own high end Tikka.

I've got a nice piece of walnut I'm going to start on soon. It may take me 3 years to get the detailed oak leave carving done. And then I plan to get a blued Tikka, polish the bead blast off and reblue it to a super fancy high gloss. And start learning to do some metal scrollwork. So in about 10 years, I'll either have a really terrible looking gun, or I'll have saved up enough for a wall hanger gun! 😂

elf

Hey Tac O, I collected and shot Sako rifes for many years. My first was a .270 factory gun. Back then, they used the FN long actions. I bought and sold many Sakos thru the years and finaly, in 2009, sold my entire collection. But I still have a fondness for them. If you feel likewise, you might like to jointheir collectors cub at:

nksmfamjp

Interesting. I see why you like them. Those were amazingly popular when I was young. Weatherby’s also.....both were seen at the top of the line for Montana hunting rifles. We loved meeting hunters with either. I was hunting with a sporterized 1917 and my dad a Ruger M77 tang safety......so we were pretty classic in that time too! Thanks for bringing up great memories with this post.

Were those hand carved or laser like the Weatherby Lasermark’s?

I generally prefer the more classic rifles, usually based off a model 70 with slightly fancy wood, rounded forearm, straight comb, shadow cheek piece, ebony tip, steel grip cap, red pad, std to Ruger fancy checkering, and classic 6.5x55/6.5-06AI/270 Win/280 AI....

Tac-O

Hey Tac O, I collected and shot Sako rifes for many years. My first was a .270 factory gun. Back then, they used the FN long actions. I bought and sold many Sakos thru the years and finaly, in 2009, sold my entire collection. But I still have a fondness for them. If you feel likewise, you might like to jointheir collectors cub at:

Thanks for the tip! I may have to join that and eventually join the club

Tac-O

Interesting. I see why you like them. Those were amazingly popular when I was young. Weatherby’s also.....both were seen at the top of the line for Montana hunting rifles. We loved meeting hunters with either. I was hunting with a sporterized 1917 and my dad a Ruger M77 tang safety......so we were pretty classic in that time too! Thanks for bringing up great memories with this post.

Were those hand carved or laser like the Weatherby Lasermark’s?

I generally prefer the more classic rifles, usually based off a model 70 with slightly fancy wood, rounded forearm, straight comb, shadow cheek piece, ebony tip, steel grip cap, red pad, std to Ruger fancy checkering, and classic 6.5x55/6.5-06AI/270 Win/280 AI....

I was wondering the same thing. I may have to email them to find out. I would guess that it is lazer... As well as the engraving. Looking at a couple of master engravers web sites throughout the US, some of their fully engraved pistols are in the neighborhood of $25k. It's not cheap!

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.