• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Sako AIII Action

Alaskan Al

Sako AIII action (long action) with magnum bolt face. Very good condition. Changed my mind on a project, so it needs to go. $450 shipped. Nice action for a custom build.

Does the action have an integral recoil lug similar to the latter A5 model?

Does it come with trigger, magazine box, floor plate and action screws?

What do you know about the history of the action - did it start life as a Sako rifle or was it purchased by itself for a custom rifle project?

Sorry for the many questions, but my father is really interested in the action for a Dakota rifle build that is just starting up - barrel and reamers on order.

Thanks for the info Alaskan Al.

Does the action have an integral recoil lug similar to the latter A5 model?

Does it come with trigger, magazine box, floor plate and action screws?

What do you know about the history of the action - did it start life as a Sako rifle or was it purchased by itself for a custom rifle project?

Sorry for the many questions, but my father is really interested in the action for a Dakota rifle build that is just starting up - barrel and reamers on order.

Thanks for the info Alaskan Al.

I bought this as complete rifle for a project. I had the barrel removed from the action. Comes complete as shown in the picture. Stock is available for $150 more. Not sure about the recoil lug. Hope the pic answers that question.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/AlaskanAl/P1010061.jpg?t=1227713072

Last edited:
Is there a scratch located under the front scope ring? Looks like one in the picture. Figure a bluing pen touch up would fix it as long as its not a gouge in the metal.

Is there a scratch located under the front scope ring? Looks like one in the picture. Figure a bluing pen touch up would fix it as long as its not a gouge in the metal.

It was neither. A piece of tape or something, I wiped it off. There are no scratches or gouges anywere on the action.

I don't see a magazine box in the picture. Does it come with one? I would imagine that it had one since you bought it as a complete rifle. Just wanted to make sure even though I stated in my last post that my father would take it.