Sako A7 accuracy issue

Holycity73

No, this dead horse is yet to be beaten enough.
I have a brand new Sako A7 in 25-06 which refuses to group better than 2 inches. This is with everything from Federal blue box to Sako brand. With 100 rounds down range and several cleanings, I'm at wits end.
Before I call Baretta USA and become one more schmuck that they treat poorly, does anyone have any insight or experience with this issue?

All action screws, rings and bases are torqued to Spec. Optic is a Bushnell LRHSi cortesy of GA Precision. Shooting from a front rest and rear bag.

I have another A7 in 270 that's shoots 3/4" groups and a .243 Finnlight that consistently shoots in the .3s with Fusion.

I had an A7 and it didn't shoot any better than a Tikka. I would check the crown. Mine shot the HSM Berger loads the best.

I had an a7 stainless fluted barrel in 25-06 that would struggle to do 2 inches. I did much the same in ammo, checked all attachments, swapped scope and even had another shooter try it.

I emailed Beretta and they said to send it back for evaluation. They inspected and shot it to verify what I was saying.

They then wrote saying they couldn't find another a7 such as mine in American inventory so they sent me a mod 85 finnlight.

No complaints from me.

I have a brand new Sako A7 in 25-06 which refuses to group better than 2 inches. This is with everything from Federal blue box to Sako brand. With 100 rounds down range and several cleanings, I'm at wits end.
Before I call Baretta USA and become one more schmuck that they treat poorly, does anyone have any insight or experience with this issue?

All action screws, rings and bases are torqued to Spec. Optic is a Bushnell LRHSi cortesy of GA Precision. Shooting from a front rest and rear bag.

I have another A7 in 270 that's shoots 3/4" groups and a .243 Finnlight that consistently shoots in the .3s with Fusion.

I own a Sako A7 in .243 Calibre. I use Hornady 95gn SST Factory Ammo. Zeiss 3-9 x 40 Scope. The best I got on the 100m target shot off a makeshift bench was three bullets through the same hole at 9 power. One thing I have done is treat the rifle with Froglube, I use nothing else.

Sako A7 Roughtech, 3006
crappy accuracy.
would not recommend to anyone. I have had ancient Sako barreled mosin nagants which shot better.

I have had two and both will now shoot .5 MOA or better all day but I reload and run berger hybrids in the .308. It is an A7 Roughtech and when I was developing the load for it I noticed it had a first round flier every time. After the first shot it would put the next 4 rounds in a .75 inch group at 200 yds. I pulled it apart and glass bedded it and torqued the screws to 50 in lbs. Now it shoots great.

I have had two and both will now shoot .5 MOA or better all day but I reload and run berger hybrids in the .308. It is an A7 Roughtech and when I was developing the load for it I noticed it had a first round flier every time. After the first shot it would put the next 4 rounds in a .75 inch group at 200 yds. I pulled it apart and glass bedded it and torqued the screws to 50 in lbs. Now it shoots great.
50? Wow.

Yeah I played with it for awhile and thats what ended up working the best for me. When I called Beretta they said 15 in lbs of torque and I figured the guy was smoking something. I couldn't find any factory specs for this model so I had to experiment a little.

I have a Sako A7 Roughtech Pro in 7RM. 3 years old. I shoot HSM Ammo with Berger 168grain vld. It is consistently .5 or better. One of the better shooting rifles I have ever owned.

If all screws are good and tight, try replacing the scope with a proven scope and see what happens. Even if it is a brand new scope it could be bad and not holding zero. I have had a few that had to go back and one that was brand new. Once they were reworked, problem solved.

If all screws are good and tight, try replacing the scope with a proven scope and see what happens. Even if it is a brand new scope it could be bad and not holding zero. I have had a few that had to go back and one that was brand new. Once they were reworked, problem solved.
That is a good point. I had thad that happen years ago with a brand new Nikon. It cost me the biggest mule deer I have ever seen in Nebraska. I sighted it in the day before rifle season and on opening day missed the giant buck at less than 150 yards. I shot the gun again that day and couldn't hit a 24" square target at 100 yds. I checked all mounting hardware and tried again and had the same issue. Turns out the scope was flawed from the factory.

Al

I had an A7 Roughtech in a 300WM. That thing tormented me for 9 months. I could not get it to shoot better than 1 MOA with factory ammo (Nosler, Fed premium, etc), and with hand loads the best I could get was was 3/4 - 1 MOA with any consistency.

Scope and rings mounted to the right torque, leveled, even had it professionally bedded.

My gunsmith suggested I have the barrel stress relieved, but at that point I just accepted it was "good nuff" for hunting but not a true long range gun. I eventually sold it.