• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Sako 995 TRG-S 7mmSTW

bobs

I am looking to sell my Sako 7mm STW in order to afford a new one. Nothing wrong with the old one, but I recently built a new STW that is exactly what I've always wanted, and now I have to pay for it.

The rifle for sale is a Sako model 995 - Factory original - no upgrades or changes other than a trigger job (2lbs, breaks like glass)
. You will love this trigger. If you are not familiar with this rifle, It is built on the TRG-S action, which is a magnum length, 3 lug push feed design. It has a 26" medium contour free floated barrel, black synthetic monte carlo stock with a nice palm swell. The action is a matte blue finish and the barrel & bolt handle are a high luster blue. One feature I really like is the detachable box magazine which holds 4 rounds and is plenty long to seat bullets out there.

Some background... I bought it 10 years ago for elk, deer, sheep, moose & antelope when I lived in Colorado. I only hunted one elk season with it before I had to move to Illinois and I have not hunted with it since. I have fired exactly 60 rounds through it, all factory loads.
More recently I got into handloading and I now have the opportunity to hunt out west again, so I put a new scope on it and got ready to work up some loads. That is when the NEW STW entered my life - One of those deals I just couldn't pass up.

I love the Sako and didn't think I would ever sell it. It
always functioned perfectly and is in 99% condition. For me this rifle was always a pleasure to shoot, recoil is very manageable, probably due to the stock design. Accuracy was very good and I was planning to refine it further with handloads. I have 2 sets of Leupold rings (med & high) that mate with the integral dovetail bases on the receiver. The rifle weighs 9.2 lbs with a brand new Leupold 4.5x14x40 matte VX3 CDS on it. I would sell with or without the scope.

Rifle with 2 sets of rings rings - $995.00 OBO

Rifle with scope & rings - $1490.00 OBO

Feel free to call me 970 946 3894 or email - [email protected]

Attachments

• sako7stw4_cr.jpg
    sako7stw4_cr.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 15
  • sako7stw3_cr.jpg
    sako7stw3_cr.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 13
  • sako7stw2_cr.jpg
    sako7stw2_cr.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 16
  • sako7stw14.jpg
    sako7stw14.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 10
I am always hesitant to make accuracy claims but I will say that I was able to get MOA accuracy out of it with Winchester 160 gr Failsafe factory loads. Those loads had an extreme spread well over 100 fps, so you will have to be the judge of this rifle's accuracy potential.

As far as weight is concerned, it should be right about 8lbs bare.

bump this beauty to the top,
these rifles are as rare as hens teeth,
sakos are extremely accurate, thats a no brainer,
my m75 ss/syn,shoots 3-160 accubonds into3/8@100y.
my other is a re-chambered 700 to stw, very accurate.

only problem is brass supply,factories gooble almost all the available brass, and that hurts this AWESOME round from being used by more people.

someones really going to have an Excellent rifle when they buy they baby!!! :D

did this sell

Yes it finally sold for full price to a guy from South Africa. I guess he had been on a hunt and something happened to his rifle so he borrowed another guy's 7stw Sako and fell in love with it. Wanted the same set up.

Cool bob!! Way to go!! Still waiting on my winny to be finished. Was gonna buy another stw to have but I'll keep waiting for a sendero or other I like. Thanks for the update