Sako 75 build.

30noslercam

Morning all, I've just purchased this sako 75 in 270 to do a 284 build. This has to be my favourite caliber for New Zealand hunting. I've also ordered a criterion prefit barrel ready to screw on with some go/no go gauges. Questions for you guys, do you know if mcmillan do a carbon stock for this model? We dont have any stock options here. Also I was gonna start with the 160 grain bullet class so I can mag feed, any recommendations?

20200302_051812.jpg

I shoot a 284 Norma Match. I use Peterson brass, Berger 175gr Elite Hunters, RL23, and Federal 210Ms and get 2850FPS. My rounds are seated at 3.180" and are 0.050 off the lands. I built mine on a Remington 700 long action that was originally a .270 Win also. I have a 26" Bartlein barrel chambered with the 284 Norma Match reamer available from Grizzly.com. I love this cartridge and I'm very happy with it.

Morning all, I've just purchased this sako 75 in 270 to do a 284 build. This has to be my favourite caliber for New Zealand hunting. I've also ordered a criterion prefit barrel ready to screw on with some go/no go gauges. Questions for you guys, do you know if mcmillan do a carbon stock for this model? We dont have any stock options here. Also I was gonna start with the 160 grain bullet class so I can mag feed, any recommendations?

View attachment 178932
I didn't know Criterion made prefit barrels for the Sako 75. I have a Sako 75 in 300 WSM that will need a new barrel in the future. Did you custom order this?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.