Sako .338 Lapua Mag, 995 Action with Synthetic Stock Repair/Rebuild

bonafide

I realize this isn't exactly Gunsmithing, but this was my first project and I got a lot of advice from the folks in this forum. My Sako synthetic stock was cracking (a pretty common problem apparently). But at least part of it was my own fault because I have been shooting long distance off my Spartan tripod, which is one of the failure points. I cut out the for-end cracks and replaced the section with black walnut, then I took the opportunity to cut out the stock for a comb riser and also made it out of black walnut. I used Kalixteknik toolless comb riser hardware. Then I took the opportunity to mount new NiteForce Rings and a Vortex Razor 6x36 scope. The color "match" between the scope finish and the walnut was more or less coincidental. There are many imperfections that you will easily see in the pictures, but I am quite happy with how it all turned out for a first project of this sort for me. Thanks for all the help.

E0CB037E-7155-4C6F-838E-C31A7AA736FB.jpeg
E9516B97-91AC-47E9-9725-AE8141E849DD_1_201_a.jpeg
E27473AA-BC58-4EB5-88D4-53223F254DDA_1_201_a.jpeg
7BF366E0-4E2D-4D58-944B-FD04AB24D7BA_1_201_a.jpeg

what brand of glue/epoxy did you use and any problems getting it to adhere to the plastic. I'm contemplating cutting mine shorter and installing a thicker pad.

what brand of glue/epoxy did you use and any problems getting it to adhere to the plastic. I'm contemplating cutting mine shorter and installing a thicker pad.
I used Acraglas gel and Devon Steel Putty. I used the Devcon more as a glue for the fore stock piece of walnut and for the Spartan magnet. I used the Acraglas as a filler and for repairs. I really liked working with both and think either could have done both things.

I used Acraglas gel and Devon Steel Putty. I used the Devcon more as a glue for the fore stock piece of walnut and for the Spartan magnet. I used the Acraglas as a filler and for repairs. I really liked working with both and think either could have done both things.
Thanks for the information, any problems cutting the stock with a power Saw? Did you glass bed the recoil lug?