• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Sako 30-378 for Sale

canderson

I am putting up my Sako M995 for sale. I purchased this rifle on this forum three or four years ago. During that time frame my 338 Allen mag has been built, that is the reason for selling this one. The rifle is a Sako M995 action with a 30" stainless barrel (I do not know the make). The rifle is fitted with a longer forearm stock and a vias muzzle brake. When I bought the rifle it came with a near mfg 20 moa base. Due to improper mounting the original broke. I have since replaced the base with another Near Mfg base and had it drilled and screwed to the aciton. The rifle is not a show queen my any means but is accurate and functional. I shoot the 210 bergers @ 3150 usually equals 0.6 moa groups out to 1k. I will only sell this as a package. Package consists of the rifle, near base, nightforce steel rings (have been lapped), redding standard FL sizer and seater, and approx 90 pieces of 4 times fired brass. I do not know the round count on the barrel but it shoots. Price is $975 shipped insured in a plastic case to your FFL. I prefer postal money order. The rifle weighs 11.2 on the bathroom scales.

Attachments

• photo.JPG1.JPG
    photo.JPG1.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 38
  • photo.JPG2.JPG
    photo.JPG2.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 22
  • photo.JPG3.JPG
    photo.JPG3.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 25
Thanks for the heads up on the gun. Is it a 30-378 Weatherby round? and does it like small grain bullets. I want to a gun for elk hunting that is potent out to 1000 yards, so this is why I am looking for a 30-378. I have not done a lot of long range shooting. I am only comfortable out to 600 right now. Plese let me know any info that you think might be helpfull. I am also cocerned about the weight of the gun.
Thanks

It is a weatherby cartridge. I have only shot the heavy bullets. The barrel is a 1-10 twist which I believe is the same as the weatherby rifles. I prefer a slightly heavier rifle but everyone has their own opinion. The heavier ones are more forgiving.

BTT Price reduction $850 shipped. I for some reason cannot edit the original post, but I will keep trying. Thanks for looking.

Are you sure that is a different stock than OEM? It has the same finish and look as the stock on my M995 STW before I refinished it. This is an extremely difficult stock to change out and McMillen is the only one I know of.

That being said, I would be all of this rifle if I had the extra funds! I'm sad I dont. This is IMHO one of the best actions ever produced.