Sako 22-25

bast0573

Looking at the new Sako 22-250 85 Carbon Wolf... are they worth the money? They look beautiful! But are they worth the price?I know people say go custom for that price, but I kind of don't want to deal with the custom route. If I went custom, the chassis I want costs 1300-1400 alone, Action is about 1000, barrel is about 700, etc... if I'm going custom, I'm going FULL custom and looking at 4k-6k Not counting optics or suppressor.

Only you can answer your needs. Sako's are nice rifles, and every one I have been around seem to shoot. But they have always came with a slightly higher price tag too.
My last Sako, beautiful rifle, great shooter, but I wanted more and looked into customizing it, finding a stock for it was the first hurdle, expensive one. I sold it and built.
So for you, buy an expensive factory option, or go custom.
I myself would go custom, then everything about your rifle is of your choosing, not settling.

Only you can answer your needs. Sako's are nice rifles, and every one I have been around seem to shoot. But they have always came with a slightly higher price tag too.
My last Sako, beautiful rifle, great shooter, but I wanted more and looked into customizing it, finding a stock for it was the first hurdle, expensive one. I sold it and built.
So for you, buy an expensive factory option, or go custom.
I myself would go custom, then everything about your rifle is of your choosing, not settling.
Are there any high end options for 22-250 that you would recommend?

It appears that the Sako 22-250 Carbon Wolf has a 1:14" twist rate which is somewhat of a problem if you ever wanted to shoot heavier bullets.

Look for one of the savage 12 bvss or similar. I have one that loves 50 gr moly coated bullets. At 300 yards I can cover five shot groups with a dime. With factory ammo, it's always under 5/8 inch at 200

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.