Safety for concealed carry listol

HockeyDad

So I thinking of getting a concealed carry pistol. I definitely do not want a pistol with no safety that I am going to carry IWB. But I am kind of up in the air as to what kind of safety to get. Passive - like the Springfield xd-m elite with both a trigger safety and a grip safety. Or active - like a Sig 365X with a manual safety.
To me, the con of a manual safety is, if none of my other pistols have one, taking the safey off won't be automatic, and I might lose a precious second or two at the most crucial time.
The con of the passive safety is, in the heat of the moment with the adrenaline gushing, I might forget to keep my finger off the trigger when drawing and will be ripe for an accident.
Thoughts?

So I thinking of getting a concealed carry pistol. I definitely do not want a pistol with no safety that I am going to carry IWB. But I am kind of up in the air as to what kind of safety to get. Passive - like the Springfield xd-m elite with both a trigger safety and a grip safety. Or active - like a Sig 365X with a manual safety.
To me, the con of a manual safety is, if none of my other pistols have one, taking the safey off won't be automatic, and I might lose a precious second or two at the most crucial time.
The con of the passive safety is, in the heat of the moment with the adrenaline gushing, I might forget to keep my finger off the trigger when drawing and will be ripe for an accident.
Thoughts?
For me I would prefer a hammer on my semi auto, but if carrying a striker fire like a Glock or otherwise I'd want a holster that clips on. The reason being is I'd holster off the body and then put the holster on. And I wouldn't have a holster with a retention device that uses the trigger finger to disengage the retention. In any case I'd get training so those concerns regarding passive or active safety are second nature. The same with keeping your finger off the trigger. What pistols or revolvers are you used to now?

Your only concern using a decent holster is getting clothing in the trigger while holstering, other than that a striker fired pistol with no manual safety is fine and dead safe IMO. Be careful holstering/re-holstering and the concern is gone. I carry a 365XL without a safety with no worry at all. I have not seen ANY of the smaller pistols with a usable safety, the lever is too small and too easy to miss in a high stress event, for that reason I would NOT consider a CC pistol that had a manual safety.

I have a Sig P365XL with the manual safety and with practice it becomes a subconscious movement when ready to fire. Also, if your unsure get a manual safety and use it until you feel comfortable NOT using it…it can be removed later. Just my thoughts.