SAD NEWS, ANOTHER ANTI GUN CHALLENGE

One of you young enterprising individuals should start a company that ships all firearms and ammunition related items. Would be ground and might be more expensive and slower but would only hire people who are gun people. Could call it the Wild Wild West, but would probably have to hire someone to ride "shotgun" because of the resistance from the other side.

I have shipped "machined parts" a time or two. Ammo and primers are different since they are explosive. They need to be labeled properly.

I have shipped "machined parts" a time or two. Ammo and primers are different since they are explosive. They need to be labeled properly.
Yep, it's all fun and games until there an incident involving them. I know people count on that never happening but in our anti gun environment it will happen and someone will become an example. I don't think it's worth the risk personally

Grouse, you are correct.i go to the ups terminal and they will ship guns and ammo.the ammo must be marked orm d.the ups store is something different.

There is a difference between UPS Stores and UPS. UPS Stores have different rules than UPS.
Been there & done that - the UPS stores won't accept firearms but I have shipped guns thru UPS depots to gunsmiths for repair and they have returned same with signature of an adult required.

I shipped some ammo home yesterday with UPS because I was traveling and found a bunch I wanted/needed. Long story short, I ended up calling the UPS 1-800 number because I couldn't find the main UPS shipping center's hours (only place in the area that had actual UPS employees and could accept ammo) and while on the phone with a UPS customer service representative he asked me if I could get him 5.56 ammo! And then he didn't even know the hours!

The problem with false declarations like " im shipping machine parts", or "shipping mower blades" etc.
Is that if there is loss or damage then the shipper can deny payment as it was falsely declared .
Its best to just use a hub to ship, declare what it actually is, and make sure its packed according to their requirements otherwise claims can be denied.

I'm not sure what the packaging requirements are now, but you must be careful to read fine print as I've seen "3 inches minimum of approved packing materials" (such as bubble wrap or packing peanuts) listed --- I've seen a few damage claims denied due to "insufficient packing materials"

I ship a lot of things for work from a local "UPS store." Good folks at mine, local to the community, but "UPS Stores" are privately owned so they can make up some of their own rules just like any other business should be allowed to do.

That said, when I need to ship something that I am concerned about (value, contents, special handling) I go to the UPS Customer Center (hub/distribution) desk.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts