SAD NEWS, ANOTHER ANTI GUN CHALLENGE

rcol317

I just came back from UPS and was informed as of Monday 1/04/21 UPS will no longer ship firearms, firearm related products or ammunition to or from private individuals. UPS will only ship from FFL registered accounts. The lady at the desk was told that FFL accounts may be closed out as well in the next few months. Appears UPS has bought into the anti gun hysteria as well. So disappointing.

I shipped a rifle yesterday via ups. They said nothing to me. I'm not an FFL holder aswell. Might be that person is incorrect in the information she told you.

Brian

OK Maybe that's it, I'm going back tomorrow and take a bunch of photos, get some names and try to get them the bottom of it. Now that I think about it all 5 or 6 signs we hand written with felt pens and on 8 1/2" X 11'typing paper.

My local UPS office has been that way for years. No guns, gun parts, ammo, even refuse to ship scopes. It's the local store owners policy and not UPS. Needless to say Fed Ex has gotten all the local business regardless if it's firearm related or not.

Always like a ghost town when driving by the UPS office... just as it should be in my opinion.

I shipped 3 boxes of ammo today. UPS. But I used UPS customer service at their main distribution center in my city. They did have me call their hazmat 800 number and discuss w/ an agent. Apparently it's recorded because they gave me a "Call reference number" but just had to download and print a "ground limited quantity" label and attach to the box, packed it accordingly to there requirements, went back to UPS and did the shipping label on their computer. Had to type in "Ammunition and reloading components" in the contents box. They weighed it and printed the label and I paid them. Got tracking # and receipt.

Yea i shipped ammo last week with no issue same place today a new game. The more I'm thinking about it I'm getting very suspicious a local issue. I'm going back tomorrow and take pictures and get some names to follow up with.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.