S1 - Thanks! .....It is worth $450 more!

I have always liked leupold and I'm not going to knock the quality because I've had good results.

My point is this....
Nightforce gives you more and better reticle choice. Leupold refuses to innovate. Always the same reticles...

Whats worse is that you can't even get all their reticle choices in all scopes.
I have a 3.5x10 M1 on my 7mm STW, I have a duplex reticle. It was that or a Mil-Dot.
I hate Mil-Dot. I want a Leupold Dot so I have to send it to Premier reticles or Leupold Custom shop and pay extra for what I should get in the first place.

Now they came out with the M1's in 4.5x14 with Mil-dot or Duplex only, and 6.5x20 & 8.5x25 with Mil-Dot Only.

Forget it!

Assembled anyway, you never know, the steel may have come from Japan too.
grin.gif
What a hoot-t-shoot!
smile.gif

When I returned mine to NF, it was back in ALASKA in less than 48hs from the time I sent it out!
smile.gif
They corrected the 89moa of vertical adjustment to 99moa too. How's that!

The scopes are assembled in the US by us. Japan is producing the components, as I'm sure they do some parts in your TV, radio, microwave and so much more too that you have no control over as well.
wink.gif

I don't buy Smith and Wesson, to each his own, just thought I'd point out we all have things with components that are made in other countries, even China...

Guys, if you remember, I posted about the problem I was having with my 8-32 Nightforce competition model not being clear at long range on any power except low power. Well, I sent to Lightforce USA in Idaho Tuesday a little over a week ago now with a letter explaining the nature and Monday of this week it was back at my home from being serviced. Jeff told me over the phone that some lens were replaced and that the parallex was readjusted in the scope. I have not had time to install scope back on rifle and check quality of optics out since, but this was outstanding service as for the time it took.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.