S1- need NPR2 guidance

MOA

S1, I've been a member here for quite some time but generally do more reading than posting. From what I have learned- you're involved in (if not responsible for) the NPR2 reticle. Well, I finally bought myself a 5.5-22 and will be mounting it on my .50. I know milradians well but I am also aware that there is more than just mils behind this reticle. Can you direct me towards a link or give me some advice on how to use this reticle properly. I will be shooting 300 rounds of ball through the rifle next weekend to become acquainted with the reticle. I will be in the desert so ranges will be out past 2000 yards. Thanks in advance for your expertise.

Thanks-- BC 1.05 (750 grain AMAX), I haven't chrono'd it yet but I think I'm at 2700 FPS. I will post back when I know for sure.

Thanks S1. The scope is coming UPS tomorrow so I'll have to mount it, shoot it and get back to you.

SI--
The scope is mounted and I have about 34 MOA until I hit the very bottom of my scopes elevation adjustment. I will shoot targets from 200 to about 1200 (Leica rangefinder limited), but would like to shoot further out once I get good with rangefinding with the reticle. I shoot at about 2800 feet, temps are in the 80's.
This scope is so nice I'm considering mounting it on my 338 RUM sendero so I can use it more. I don't reload for my 50 so the ammo is very expensive. Would the reticle work well with the 300 SMK at about 2700 FPS (BC ~.798)? What is your opinion on the new accubond and interbond offerings in 338?

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.