S1, I'm curious...

MAX

S1, I\'m curious...

I have no doubt you're involved in something...I just haven't figured it out yet. Powdered tungsten core bullets? Would you be so kind as to clue us in a bit. Are you producing rifles/ammo/components? Are they available to the public? Maybe the rest of the members know, but I'm thinking "Who is that masked man?"
grin.gif
Can you describe the bullets referenced above? BC/SD/caliber/weight?
BTW, I understood before the fact the difference sniping and suppression. I seldom used the mini-gun for supression though. They were an even match for the 12.7mm, and I consider that a point target. Supression was what the Cobras did to support me.
Thanks for your reference to the books in the other post. There is a LOT of confusion and superstition on the subject of external ballistics. Know any others?

Re: S1, I\'m curious...

max,

Sorry to step into this, but the powder tungston core bullets were available to civilians. They were very expensive though. We called 'em Oak Ridge bullets, as they were made in Oak Ridge, TN. I think it was Powell River Labratories making them, and I don't belive they are still on the market.

FatBoy...

Wow,

a lot of editting in this thread
grin.gif

S1,
I "assume" you know John Chubb. You ever send rounds down range with him?

I shoot at Oak Ridge a few times a year. If you come out for the State or Regional LR championship let me know,, I'll buy ya a beer and a pizza at Big Ed's.

FatBoy...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> I don't think posting results is forbidden, but I'm unsure.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is encouraged!!

Do it on the Long Range Competition board, please.

S1,

If I remember correctly John was still with the AMU until about 1999 or 2000. If you've met him you'll probably remember
grin.gif
He's a nice guy but real serious at the range.

This year will be my first Shot Show. My Dad lives in Orlando so I get to visit and make the show.

I've never posted results to this board, but I do pimp our 1K matches and F class matches here. We've had a few LRH guys come on out. CharlesA was one and SpeedBump came down with his 7mm Cannon (that he LIES about not recoiling!! LOL..) I don't think posting results is forbidden, but I'm unsure.

Oak Ridge is a good place to learn. I've been there only twice, last season, but both times were oustanding for my wind dope logging. Nothing like seeing both flags on 900 pointing in exact opposite directions. I plan on making at least 4 trips to Oak Ridge this season, as well as all of our 12+ Tullahoma shoots and 2 or three of the HardRock mathces in Alabama.

Let me know when you're coming down and I'll make the trip out. If you're interested I'll send their schedule.

FatBoy...

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.