S&B scope for my new rifle advice...

luizinga

Hi everyone , i am new at this forum. I have been a hunter and and arms aficionado for over 25 years. One question i would like to ask to all of you forum members and new friends is : I have just purchase a Remington 700 KS mountain rifle in 7mm mag. It has never been shoot although i know its a 15 o 16 year old model. I got it by chance in Barcelona , Spain where i live now. It has a Hart barrel , a Timney trigger , and a Mcmillan stock. Now this rifle IMO need a nice scope and i am and have been fan of S&B so i would like to get a scope for this rifle from them , but i am puzzled as to which reference model to get!!!! I want it for mountain hunting ( sheep , goats , etc...) and so i plan to shoot between 150 to 450 meters but also to be able to shoot out to 600 to 700 in those cases where it needs. So i want to hear some opinion as to which model would be the most adequate. I have a very open budget for this!
Thanks for all the advice you can give!!!:D

I dont have a S&B but mountain hunt alot.I would get one of there smaller lighter versions.Anywhere from 3-18 would be ample for that type shooting,higher mag is harder to use in mountains do to conditions

I have a PMII 5-20x50 compact from Darrel Holland with his reticle technology its great for what you want super clear and built proof, I used on one sheep hunt and it was awesome, I am actually selling it if your interested its like new, you can look on his website Hollandguns.com or call 541-439-5155 ask for Darrell let know if your interested

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.