Ryan from South Africa

Ryan D

Good day everyone.

I have been reading quite a bit on the site and decided to register as I am collecting my long range rifle next week. It is a 300 wm Sendero, so I am sure I will be looking for a little help in getting it to shoot straight way out there!

Cheerio
Ryan

Groetjies boet. The 300 WM is an extremely versatile cartridge with good long range ballistics and terminal energy. I shoot a Remington 700 XHR and have found the cartridge to be enjoyable to shoot. Entry into I found in my experiance to shoot a few different manufactureres to narrow what the pipe likes then to tune the ballistics to a specific use eg. are you hunting long range and need terminal energy, or are you punching paper and require flatness. My preference is a mix of both at medium range and the Hornady 150 GMX superperformance works for me. I am sure in SA the price and availability may be scarce thus aquire a reloading press and build your own is by far the best option. Tot siens.

Hi Jan

Thanks for the info, I reload for several callibres and am quite far down that rabbit hole so to speak, I use Redding match dies for the 300 and I think I will use the 190 gr Bergers or the 200 gn Sierra gk. I cant wait for my rifle, I have decided to put a Swarovski Z5 3.5 to 18 on it.

Thanks again
Ryan

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.