Rws vs Norma 270win brass?

I've read plenty about Winchester not lasting very long for folks but in my limited experience I've had great luck with it. Maybe it's just coincidence but my dad's 7mag has 15+ loads on it. Not ever pushed really hard but still has lasted unbelievably well. Needs annealing somewhat frequently to avoid cracked necks but other than that good stuff.

If you could neck turn 270 sherman how would necked down Lapua 30-06 stack up as an option?

Mo
If you could neck turn 270 sherman how would necked down Lapua 30-06 stack up as an option?
It's not an option because the 06 is to short to start with (approx .046") and would be way undersized after fire forming. That's why the 270 win is the parent case. The fireformed Sherman is 2.515"

Thanks for posting the length Idaho. I couldn't remember and am off to work away from my notes but I do remember my nosler brass was 2.495" after forming on average. Hasn't quite made it to 2.5 yet on the 4th firing. Definitely going to clean well and be cautious of a carbon ring before I switch brass.

I've read plenty about Winchester not lasting very long for folks but in my limited experience I've had great luck with it. Maybe it's just coincidence but my dad's 7mag has 15+ loads on it. Not ever pushed really hard but still has lasted unbelievably well. Needs annealing somewhat frequently to avoid cracked necks but other than that good stuff.

I've had really good luck with Winchester .270 Win brass for my .25-06 AI. As well as Winchester 7mm RemMag brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.