• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

RWS 280 Rem Brass (NEW) 20 CT. Boxes.

longrangehunterII

I bought the last remaining RWS 280 Remington Brass from Huntington Die Specialties. It seems RWS no longer wishes to produce and/or sell this stuff here in the US.

I have 10-20 ct. boxes for sale. $45.00 each, any amount is Ok with me. Shipped to your door, USPS MO only.

****SOLD**** 03/23/2018

Last edited:
I'll take all 10 boxes.
Got it!
I seem to be having issues uploading the picture of the Brass in the Box I received them in, and in their individual 20 ct. box from RWS, two still with the white ribbon wrapped around the box from the RWS factory. All Factory NEW, I bought 11 boxes and FF one box to 280 AI, and NO, they have NOT been sorted! They are all in the factory box they each came in, and the same Lot #.

I'll try posting the pic in a bit later for you to see.

P1050471.jpg

Have you received funds yet, signifying the closure of this sale?

Gene So
Considering the transaction only took place on Friday, 03/16/18, I'll have to give dok7mm until midweek for his answer why there's a delay.

If you like to have a backup offer just reply back with how many you're interested in buying.

Thanks for the inquiry.

Hello,
I have a brand new barrel in 6.5 Sherman and received 100 Nosler .280 Ackley AI cases. Testing yesterday I can get 3,200 fps but the cases are expanding .001 at the base although they work and extract properly. At 3,322 they stick in the chamber. This is a hunting rifle so a lifetime supply for me would be fourty cases. I used to have a European supplier, but no more.

Gene So.

Hello,
I have a brand new barrel in 6.5 Sherman and received 100 Nosler .280 Ackley AI cases. Testing yesterday I can get 3,200 fps but the cases are expanding .001 at the base although they work and extract properly. At 3,322 they stick in the chamber. This is a hunting rifle so a lifetime supply for me would be fourty cases. I used to have a European supplier, but no more.

Gene So.
The Nosler brass is very soft, and why that's happening....... Might be wise to back it down to 3,200 then, or a lower node. There is no free lunch when you push a case past its limits, and the Nosler brass only exacerbates what you're seeing. Which is why everyone and their brother-in-law wants this RWS brass for their Sherman...... it's a steel base case w/brass over it which makes it tougher then nails!

So Gene- you're pushing your Sherman as fast as a 6.5-300 Wby/26 Nosler from the sound of it, same weight bullets I'd assume, both have a larger case, (6.5-300 Wby/26 Nosler). If I were you, and I'm not, I'd look at either slowing the velocity down, or get a bigger case!?!

i.e. If you like the RWS stuff use a 6.5x68s and blow it out, and change the shoulder angle...... Dave Toole use to have a whole line made off that case 20+ years ago. So does another member on here by the handle IdahoCTD. I had a 7mm Boo Boo made off the 6.5x68s and it will do what your wanting speed wise. Even a 140/142 gr bullet in the 26 Nosler you're velocities are way past that case as well. I'd say you're pushing it way too fast based on that comparison.

Which is why everyone and their brother-in-law wants this RWS brass for their Sherman...... it's a steel base case w/brass over it which makes it tougher then nails!

Can you provide the source of the information on the RWS brass being constructed with a steel base case?