Rutumbo replacement

I shoot a 338-378 Wby. mag & get very similar results between Retumbo & N570 with the 300 grainers.

I tried 8133 and it replicated Retumbo well in my 338 NM. It had the same inverse temperature sensitivity as Retumbo and shot the 300 grain bullets better than H1000. Those are my metrics.

869 LinkSo I am starting to run out of Retumbo for my 338 lapua. I shoot 300 Gr match king. What would you recommend for a replacement option that a guy could find more often available? If any of you guys have a couple pounds of retumbo for sale, or a good substitute I would definitely be interested.
Thanks
Gentlemen
There's some 869 available right now:

There's some 869 available right now:

Here too:

So I am starting to run out of Retumbo for my 338 lapua. I shoot 300 Gr match king. What would you recommend for a replacement option that a guy could find more often available? If any of you guys have a couple pounds of retumbo for sale, or a good substitute I would definitely be interested.
Thanks
Gentlemen
N570, Ramshot Magnum or IMR 8133

I will suggest looking for a gun show to attend in your neighborhood. I saw no less than 3 and probably 4 guys selling it at a gun show in Gillette WY a month or so ago. Do some looking. Might find a show within decent driving distance.
Bruce

I was shooting Retumbo in my two Lapuas as well as two 300 RUMs but now use 8133 in one Lapua and one RUM, with 570 working very well my other RUM. I have about 16 lbs Retumbo I still using in my other Lapua, but 8133 shot well in that one as well.
I have about 7 lbs of 8133, but mine prefers RETUMBO. I'm in southern Idaho

So I am starting to run out of Retumbo for my 338 lapua. I shoot 300 Gr match king. What would you recommend for a replacement option that a guy could find more often available? If any of you guys have a couple pounds of retumbo for sale, or a good substitute I would definitely be interested.
Thanks
Gentlemen
Try ramshot LRT. It's supposed to be developed for the 338 Lapua and heavy bullets, and was available at powder valley a couple days ago

I was curious about the Ramshot LRT as well. I am using N570 right now and getting low SD's and decent velocity with 285eldm's.
I use it in a 7mm-300 win, and get 2920 with berger 195s, and in a 26" barrel long throat .264 loaded to 3.460 to push 140 gold dots to 3277. Very good accuracy

Recent Posts