Rust Preventative Oil for Inside Bore

This stuff looks promising. Have you tried it? How strong is the odor? Thanks for posting the info.
I have the spray can, yes it works great for my long term storage.(3 months plus...).
The odor is tolerable, it's a lanolin base, so you have some smell to it. After it's applied, wipe excess of with clean towel or patch, it leaves a film that won't readily wash off, not tacky and won't attract dust any worse than bare metal. I live in central Utah so the humidity is 30% or less most of the time. I can not vouch for the rust resistance for humid areas but I have never had a firearm rust on me even after being out in a storm on the hunts. When it's time to use the gun again all I do is run a dry patch down the tube just for precaution and fire away. Your first round or two POI is off from zero but this is no different than after a complete bore cleaning.

I have the spray can, yes it works great for my long term storage.(3 months plus...).
The odor is tolerable, it's a lanolin base, so you have some smell to it. After it's applied, wipe excess of with clean towel or patch, it leaves a film that won't readily wash off, not tacky and won't attract dust any worse than bare metal. I live in central Utah so the humidity is 30% or less most of the time. I can not vouch for the rust resistance for humid areas but I have never had a firearm rust on me even after being out in a storm on the hunts. When it's time to use the gun again all I do is run a dry patch down the tube just for precaution and fire away. Your first round or two POI is off from zero but this is no different than after a complete bore cleaning.

Thanks again for the info !!

I live in Mississippi (unreal humidity) and I use plain old 3-in-1 oil liberally applied in the bore for storage with Birchwood Casey Barricade sprayed on the outer surfaces. Inside of the gun safe has a goldenrod and quart canister of silica gel that gets recharged in the oven regularly. I greatly prefer stainless steel rifles and barrels also. The above combination does an outstanding job of keeping rust at bay for me, I haven't had a problem with it in years.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.