Russo vs PDC pistol stock

Sharpshooter243

I am starting my first pistol build and am having trouble picking a stock. I like laminated wood stock but the PDC stock takes AR grips which would be nice. Since i have no way of trying before i buy. Which one doe you guys like best and why?

I am starting my first pistol build and am having trouble picking a stock. I like laminated wood stock but the PDC stock takes AR grips which would be nice. Since i have no way of trying before i buy. Which one doe you guys like best and why?

Go with a Russo!!!

You can't go wrong, and his stocks are second to none.

J E CUSTOM

this one is mine. it started the pistol stocks. it is rock solid
026.jpg

+1 with J E Custom. Go with a Russo, Joel's a great guy to work with.

Jorvin, What an awesome looking pistol, it's beautiful. What action is that and is the action/barrel polished?...doesn't look bead blasted.

the action is what we call an undesignated dual port savage target action. savage sells them action only so it was never built as a rifle. so was when you get it you can log it on you BATF form as a pistol. the finish is sanded or brush (not polished) from the factory. the barrel (mcgowen) matches the action

Jorvin, sanded or brushed, never heard that before. Looks like it must be somewhere between bead blasted and polished. Either way it looks very nice. Thanks for responding.

it is a standard finish the barrel makers use. when the barrel (or actiom tube) is finished (work done) they put it in the lathe and turn the barrel with like 400 grit sand paper. it give it a brushed look. it 's very easy to repair scratches on a stainless gun with this finish. unlike bead blasting

Last edited:
Jorvin, thanks for responding, didn't know it was a standard finish and thought you had something special done to it. It's a great looking pistol, enjoy.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.