Russian Optical range finders? Are these any good?

[ QUOTE ]

First calibration thumb screw screw sets gap between images ( IE if you look at the top of a lamp post the tips are set to meet exactly but not cross or have a big gap).

This is designed to be set for each user.

Gerald

[/ QUOTE ]

Just saw this...

Thanks, it answers my question.

Wild on EBAY : I have seen exactly that same Pic. on EBAY many times before( That big paint flick-off on the Wild Carry Case ). Makes me wonder if what you see is what you get ??? Just a suggestion , but I would ask that question to the Seller before I Bid .

Jeza,

Thanks for the instructions. I'll take my wild out as soon as better weather gets here, and it's warmer. 6 degrees Far. this morning. Too cold to experiment without numbing the fingies

[ QUOTE ]
Wild on EBAY : I have seen exactly that same Pic. on EBAY many times before( That big paint flick-off on the Wild Carry Case ). Makes me wonder if what you see is what you get ??? Just a suggestion , but I would ask that question to the Seller before I Bid .

[/ QUOTE ]

I am thinking of getting a second one, and I have asked him MANY questions regarding condition, what comes with it (sun filters etc), but he refuses to answer.

The poor, very dark picture is a giveaway (IMNSHO).

Try deutch optic i bought one there and it works great. Comes with adjusment tools and instructions. It's a bit heavy but works great for over 1000 yards.

[ QUOTE ]
For that money, go LASER and don't look back.

[/ QUOTE ]
Gustavo,
You missed the point of having one of these units, yes they are big and bulky but they will range many times farther than any laser unit available to the public. if you want to shoot past 2000yds-3000yds they are the only game in town. if you want to shoot at a mile or under then the lasers are the way to go for sure.
I bought my wild range finder from Deutsche Optik several years ago for $400 and ever since they have sent me catalogs the last two issues have not had this item listed.
they are getting scarce but some should still be around.
UB

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.