Ruger trigger problems

ROBSTER

Ihave a ruger mk77II target varmint in 22-250 and the trigger has felt inconsistant so I bought a lyman digital trigger pull gage the weight bounces around from 5lbs 3 oz to 1lb 3oz.What can I do for this or should i take it somewhere?

i use rifle basix triggers in all my rugers. Good trigger, easy to install and very easy to set desired pull weight.

When replacing a Model 77 MkII on a varmint/target rifle, just be aware that they use a different trigger than the standard MkII. The varmint/target factory trigger is a two stage, and not all aftermarket MkII triggers will work on it. I found that after some careful stoning by my gunsmith, my factory trigger settled in at a very consistent pull weight. You might try that first...if not, just make sure you buy the right aftermarket, and you should be good to go.

Good luck,

Brian

Last edited:
Thank you for all the info.Unfortunatly I have not been able to find one for the target ,varmint in 22-250 so I will have to try to find a gunsmith to send it to.
Does any one know of a good smith with a quick turn around time? i can`t seem to find any in northwest ,Ohio.gun)

Rifle Basix makes a good trigger to replace the varmint/target 2-stage trigger (RU-VT). Usually Brownells has them, but they're not listed on their website right now. Price is around $100 or so. Might try www.riflebasix.com for them.

Good luck,
Brian

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.